How to make this sign [ on a apple keyboard?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
hi,

I would like to know how to make this sign [ on a apple keyboard? On windows keyboard I know, but on Apple keyboard I can not find it.

thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    crentistcrentist Posts: 204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by creat1on View Post

hi,

I would like to know how to make this sign [ on a apple keyboard? On windows keyboard I know, but on Apple keyboard I can not find it.

thanks.

Should be just to the left of the "P" key. No shift required.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
  • Reply 2 of 10
    I find it its alt+5 or 6.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    it's to the right of the "p" key...look:

[]D [] []\\\\//[] []D [] []\\\\[]' yeah!!! no shift, alt, apple, or command key needed, just the {[ button next to the p
  • Reply 4 of 10
    fullsize keyboard or laptop keyboard ? ... there are some differences.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

I didn't even think of that!
  • Reply 6 of 10
    londorlondor Posts: 258member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Both the full size keyboard and laptop keyboard have the square bracket symbol in the same place at least in the UK keyboard.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I don't see how you could miss it? [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [Hi there] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]
  • Reply 8 of 10
    filburtfilburt Posts: 398member
    First of all, one of 300 new features from Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" is easier entry of [ character.

To enter [ character on a Mac, (1) open a website with [ character such as this one, (2) use the mouse to select the [ character, (3) hit Command+C to copy, (4) then move the mouse pointer to where you want [ character pasted, and (5) hit Command+P to paste. I usually keep a website with [ character running constantly for this purpose.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I was never able to make this '[' symbol with this keyboard, I hope to figure ☛ [ ☚ out someday ✈
  • Reply 10 of 10
    There is a difference between the British keyboards and the American keyboards (both laptop and standard). In order to print the [ symbol you will need to click on Edit in the Menu Bar and then click on Special Characters in the drop down menu. This will open a dialogue box, click on the Parentheses option in the left hand pane and then select the [ or ] from the pane on the right.

The Special Characters option should be available whenever you are in a text editing mode in any application.

Sopranino