AVI to Ipod Help Needed!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just bought an ipod video and i wanted to put a bunch of my movies on it. All of them are in AVI format so to convert them i bought quicktime pro, but it doesnt work. I did as the program said and when i opened the file it wouldnt play, it said i had to download additional plug ins to make it run but not which ones. Any help is appreciated that can help me get these movies on my ipod, thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wiki14 View Post

I just bought an ipod video and i wanted to put a bunch of my movies on it. All of them are in AVI format so to convert them i bought quicktime pro, but it doesnt work. I did as the program said and when i opened the file it wouldnt play, it said i had to download additional plug ins to make it run but not which ones. Any help is appreciated that can help me get these movies on my ipod, thanks.

Try installing DivX and see if Quicktime can now open that AVI properly.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    tkellytkelly Posts: 50member
    Download iSquint (freeware) and use it to convert the avi files to mp4. It will then also be playable on quicktime. And you don't need to download any other codecs with it.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    houseleyhouseley Posts: 147member
    I use VisualHub which converts a range of formats for the iPod, PSP etc. and handles AVI's. It's been a very useful app for me, works well and is inexpensive.