Is there a quick way to change screen resolution?

drgdrg
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I use a 34" high definition TV as the display for my Mini. When I use the whole screen for the computer I display at 1600*900 but I often set the unit to display picture by picture and run the satellite signal on half and the computer on the other half and when I do that I display at 1024*768. Is there an application or tool that would let me switch back and forth between these two resolutions quickly rather than going through the system preferences routine? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drg View Post

I use a 34" high definition TV as the display for my Mini. When I use the whole screen for the computer I display at 1600*900 but I often set the unit to display picture by picture and run the satellite signal on half and the computer on the other half and when I do that I display at 1024*768. Is there an application or tool that would let me switch back and forth between these two resolutions quickly rather than going through the system preferences routine? Thanks.

You could put the display preferences in the menu bar and switch from there.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    drgdrg Posts: 4member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

You could put the display preferences in the menu bar and switch from there.

That works! Thanks.

• Reply 3 of 4
    hi,

one of the "f" keys will do it.am not sure which one it is.but i think it is f14 and f15.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    Quote:

one of the "f" keys will do it.am not sure which one it is.but i think it is f14 and f15.

No, that would be the brightness controls.