MacBook Pro - Aftermarket RAM

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Who makes the best aftermarket RAM? This is for a new macbook Pro 2.4. I want to upgrade to 4 gig and there are a few suppliers out there. I have heard some bad things about patriot, much better about Crucial. Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Here is a really good deal on 2gb ram sticks. http://shop1.outpost.com/product/520...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

$90 with free shipping. I bought it a few weeks ago but I haven't had a chance to try it out since both apple stores I went to this weekend were sold out of 2.4 15in macbook pros.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    wawaxwawax Posts: 10member
    i'll have MacBookPro this past week. Is this Patriot SO-DIMM memory is tough enough for daily use? cause i'm afraid when i change the original with this one, shall crash the system or something.

I check at Corsair SO-DIMM memory, $120 each, which one should i choose?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    mmxmmx Posts: 5member
    Check mushkin mem. They were selling for cheap. mushkin.com
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Ive use the Corsair 1gb stick for my mbp and it runs well. i think i payed 70 bucks from compusa
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I bought the Patriot RAM linked above last week for my Santa Rosa MBP 2.4 GHz. Patriot is a reputable brand with a 5-year warranty. It works fine in my machine so far in heavy use (multiple apps open and used for 8-10 hours daily) and, as advertised, all four GB of RAM are recognized.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Any system panics or other problems as a result? I'm hesitant to buy anything other than Kingston - but if there's some other less expensive memory out there that's just as good, I'm all over it.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    kfdankfdan Posts: 81member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 8Lives View Post

Who makes the best aftermarket RAM? This is for a new macbook Pro 2.4. I want to upgrade to 4 gig and there are a few suppliers out there. I have heard some bad things about patriot, much better about Crucial. Thanks!

Best deal and very good vender for anything Mac is OWC. Their ram has worked flawlessly in my MacBook Pro C2D bought in November!
  • Reply 8 of 8
    I was just checking the prices at OWC. Great deals. My question. Why the huge price differnce between OWC's 4GB set and one 2GB Samsung piece? Are we paying for the name or is it really a superior product?