How are the Apple Stores Forming Lines??

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
so basically....how are all the apple stores gonna do it, ps3 it was a mad dash to the front of the store..xbox was a overnight wait, and this..idk?

im hoping its not the mad dash because thats not fair, do you think the apple stores wil simply be creating lines out front?

and what happens when the apple store is inside a mall?...

i dont want to have to go spend the night if i dont have to, but i dont want to be any later than i should be either

oh and last but not least, AT&T says theyll get around 40 or less iphones at most their stores....should the apple stores be receiving more than that??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ebaydan777 View Post

so basically....how are all the apple stores gonna do it, ps3 it was a mad dash to the front of the store..xbox was a overnight wait, and this..idk?

im hoping its not the mad dash because thats not fair, do you think the apple stores wil simply be creating lines out front?

and what happens when the apple store is inside a mall?...

i dont want to have to go spend the night if i dont have to, but i dont want to be any later than i should be either

oh and last but not least, AT&T says theyll get around 40 or less iphones at most their stores....should the apple stores be receiving more than that??

I was told that the lines are going to be well managed at the apple stores. The source I heard from said not to bother going to the ATT store.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    They will funnel everyone into iLines using iRope.

GTSC
  • Reply 3 of 7
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Both Apple store openings I went to in '01 were well managed. People were let into the store in the order they were in line. Once the store reached capacity no more people were allowed in until someone left the store. This way the store doesn't get mobbed past capacity and people get into the store in the order they arrived.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I walked past the Palo Alto store today. I was a little bit confused, as I didn't think it through and at first it looked like some hippies were preparing for a demonstation outside the Apple Store. Then I full realized the pathetic state of the contemporary hippie when I got closer and saw that the lot of 30-40 of them had on custom T-shirts. They had either printed them out or were possibly given the shirts by the Apple Store: the shirts read "iGotAniPhone."

When I passed, most were eating pizza and sitting in reclinable beachchairs, out on the sidewalk. Man, on the east coast, they'd get destroyed by the summer weather. They're lucky it's so soft here.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    jbf13jbf13 Posts: 39member
    Im at the apple store in corte maderia right now. There is about 25 people. Im number 20. I came here at 10PM Im on apple's wireless interent. and I found a plug to charge my computer.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

I walked past the Palo Alto store today. I was a little bit confused, as I didn't think it through and at first it looked like some hippies were preparing for a demonstation outside the Apple Store. Then I full realized the pathetic state of the contemporary hippie when I got closer and saw that the lot of 30-40 of them had on custom T-shirts. They had either printed them out or were possibly given the shirts by the Apple Store: the shirts read "iGotAniPhone."

When I passed, most were eating pizza and sitting in reclinable beachchairs, out on the sidewalk. Man, on the east coast, they'd get destroyed by the summer weather. They're lucky it's so soft here.

The east coast stores I've been to have all been inside malls so the 90+ temps and 90+ humidity wouldn't really affect anyone. The high temps actually broke today and it's maybe 70 degrees and breezy.