Let me get this straight!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
So. I already have cingular, will i be able to walk in and just buy the phone without any questions about my plan or anything, then go home and just do the registration online. Also will I have to extend my contract two more years online?

Also Do you think 8:30 is a good time to start lining up? Thanks. Also anyone know how they will be doing the lines?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    Yes. You can use your current rate plan for voice and add the $20 a month iPhone service. You activate and choose these things through iTunes. Yes, you will extend contract 2 years.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    jbf13jbf13 Posts: 39member
    How about the credit aproval thing. Do I have to have a credit card and them check my credit line?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jbf13 View Post

How about the credit aproval thing. Do I have to have a credit card and them check my credit line?

If you already have an account with them then I'd assume that was already done (if they felt it needed to be done).

Dave
  • Reply 4 of 7
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:

Have you watched the activation video? You have to provide your SSN# for the credit check. Or you can get a pre-approved credit check code from AT&T when you buy the phone. You enter either one as part of the activation in iTunes
  • Reply 5 of 7
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:

So. I already have cingular, will i be able to walk in and just buy the phone without any questions about my plan or anything, then go home and just do the registration online. Also will I have to extend my contract two more years online?

Also Do you think 8:30 is a good time to start lining up? Thanks. Also anyone know how they will be doing the lines?

If you mean 8:30am on Thursday morning, then yes that is a good time to start lining up.

I'm not kidding here...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I really find it hard to believe that I'm going to have to line up hours upon hours before the iPhone is released.

There's too many AT&T stores in my area.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    jbf13jbf13 Posts: 39member
    I only have one apple store and 2 att stores a block a way from each other that will both by carrying iPhones. But I wan't to be safe and I would rather wait at the apple store.