For all you people buying the iPhone...READ THIS!

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
THIS IS NOT SPAM, I AM JUST HELPING PEOPLE OUT. I do not work for them, I just use the products and know they do help a lot. The one problem your going to have with the iPhone is how easy it is to scratch, smudge, and anything else you can think of. Well, This Company has the best protection you can probably find for it. They haven't made it yet, but believe me they will very soon. They make the covers for everything. I use it for my phone, iPod, and even my friends MBP's. Check them out, it's definitely worth the few bucks.

http://www.shieldzone.com/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Except one of the things the early reviews seem to agree on wholeheartedly is that the iPhone is exceptionally scratch resistant. They speak of tossing it in a pocket with keys and coins and not having a mark on it after two weeks.

I think Apple learned their lesson with the Nano dust-up, which is why they decided to go with a glass screen.

By the way, "scratching, smudging, and anything else I can think of"? I can't think of anything else. Maybe a screen protector protects is from getting the measles?
  • Reply 2 of 28
    julesjules Posts: 149member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Except one of the things the early reviews seem to agree on wholeheartedly is that the iPhone is exceptionally scratch resistant. They speak of tossing it in a pocket with keys and coins and not having a mark on it after two weeks.

I think Apple learned their lesson with the Nano dust-up, which is why they decided to go with a glass screen.

By the way, "scratching, smudging, and anything else I can think of"? I can't think of anything else. Maybe a screen protector protects is from getting the measles?

Yeah right, the only thing I can think of that would survive that sort of battering is quartz crystal, and the phone isn't made from that. 2 weeks in a pocket with keys and no scratches hahaha right on dickhead!!
  • Reply 3 of 28
  • Reply 4 of 28
    Are you gonna take that, Adda?
  • Reply 5 of 28
    dutch peardutch pear Posts: 588member
    - relaxes with his glass of wine in his hand and presses refresh -
  • Reply 6 of 28
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jules View Post

Yeah right, the only thing I can think of that would survive that sort of battering is quartz crystal, and the phone isn't made from that. 2 weeks in a pocket with keys and no scratches hahaha right on dickhead!!

Who would be so idiotic as to do such a thing? Apple support would laugh their heads off (with good reason) if some customer called o complain about something like that. They would probably put the call on hands-free so the entire staff could hear and share the laugh.

Sadly, there are many people who will likely do just this.
  • Reply 7 of 28
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:

Are you related to wilco?
  • Reply 8 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

Are you gonna take that, Adda?

When someone has the Skittle fever on them, they are capable of great feats of strength.

Sometimes your best bet is to just back away slowly.
  • Reply 9 of 28
    Nevertheless (makes calming motions towards Jules, offers treats), from the review in Newsweek:

Quote:

Another concern is that constant use of fingers on the touch screen will make it mucky. I?ve found that the glass screen cleans easily with a damp cloth or baby wipe. As for wear and tear, I?ve been jamming it in my pocket with keyrings, coins and pens, and so far it?s nearly as good as new.

(Quickly closes gate)
  • Reply 10 of 28
    Not the answer I would expect from an alleged dickhead...
  • Reply 11 of 28
  • Reply 12 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Digital Disasta View Post

THIS IS NOT SPAM, I AM JUST HELPING PEOPLE OUT. I do not work for them, I just use the products and know they do help a lot. The one problem your going to have with the iPhone is how easy it is to scratch, smudge, and anything else you can think of. Well, This Company has the best protection you can probably find for it. They haven't made it yet, but believe me they will very soon. They make the covers for everything. I use it for my phone, iPod, and even my friends MBP's. Check them out, it's definitely worth the few bucks.

http://www.shieldzone.com/

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!
  • Reply 13 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Digital Disasta View Post

THIS IS NOT SPAM, I AM JUST HELPING PEOPLE OUT.

$/>/-\\ l\\/l

$/>/-\\ l\\/l

$/>/-\\ l\\/l

$/>/-\\ l\\/l

$/>/-\\ l\\/l

$/>/-\\ l\\/l

$/>/-\\ l\\/l

$/>/-\\ l\\/l

$/>/-\\ l\\/l

$/>/-\\ l\\/l

$/>/-\\ l\\/l

$/>/-\\ l\\/l

$/>/-\\ l\\/l

$/>/-\\ l\\/l

$/>/-\\ l\\/l

$/>/-\\ l\\/l

$/>/-\\ l\\/l

$/>/-\\ l\\/l

$/>/-\\ l\\/l

$/>/-\\ l\\/l

$/>/-\\ l\\/l

$/>/-\\ l\\/l
  • Reply 14 of 28
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 15 of 28
    Quote:

Oh, hai.

It's me again. I'm in yr thredz, moking yr ignoranz.

Read 'em and weep:

Quote:

Then we rubbed keys against the screen with a fair amount of force, as might happen if the phone was in your jeans pocket and you leaned against a counter. When the iPhone emerged with its screen just as pristine as when it went in, we then attempted to gouge the screen with one of the keys. We were very impressed that even this deliberate attempt to scratch the screen completely failed.

Dikhed.
  • Reply 16 of 28
    aisiaisi Posts: 134member
    And then you can watch the PC World video. The iPhone is a tough little guy.
  • Reply 17 of 28
    Wow. Looks like if you got a case that just covered the back and chrome surround it would be pretty much invulnerable.

Now I'm thinking back to all the pre-release stuff about how those Apple RDF suckers were going to be singing another tune when their precious shiny, slippery toy fell to the ground and exploded.
  • Reply 18 of 28
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AISI View Post

And then you can watch the PC World video. The iPhone is a tough little guy.

Man, that "tester" is a supergeek. He shoulda stuck it in a burlap sack full of razor blades and rabid mice.
  • Reply 19 of 28
    "Let's see, it passed our scratch and drop tests, let's see how it does with FIRE."
  • Reply 20 of 28
    aisiaisi Posts: 134member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Now I'm thinking back to all the pre-release stuff about how those Apple RDF suckers were going to be singing another tune when their precious shiny, slippery toy fell to the ground and exploded.

The ever insightful Enderle.

Quote:

Analyst: Trading One Problem for Another

The phone will also feature a glass touch screen, instead of a plastic one. Robert Enderle, the principal analyst at Enderle Group, believes this move, intended as an improvement, could be a mistake.

"They did correct one of the problems, but they may have created another one in the process," he said. "Now we have glass screen with a metal case." Because metal doesn't absorb shock, Enderle contends, anyone who drops their precious iPhone will end up with a broken screen and a ruined piece of equipment.

"This is a pretty slick phone," he said. "I think dropping it is likely."