Happy iPhone Day!

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
A most happy and joyous iPhone Day to one and to all! As we hear all of the Who's down in Whoville sing...

Da-hoo dorres,

Da-hoo dorres,

Welcome Apple iPhone Day!

Da-hoo dorres,

Da-hoo dorres,

Welcome, welcome iPhone Day!

V/R,

Aries 1B

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    My father is getting one for my baby sister. My response was "Um, how come I had to be born when he was POOR?"

Not that I really want an iPhone all that much.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    @_@ artman@_@ artman Posts: 5,231member
    I'm sorry, but I'm sick and tired of all this hoopla for something I will never afford. It is definitely a product for tech and Mac elitists.

It's a great innovative device. But it's not for everyone. I want a laptop and even Apple's line of MacBooks are still too much for me right now. But take a look at this...

The Asus' Eee PC 701. Should be coming out in August in the states. Currently, it's $199.00 over there (China) and if it comes here it'll be a little more. Site says that it will be loaded with Linux. Here, it'll probably be Windows. Linux would be a plus actually. I'd like to give Linux a try anyway.

This is what I need. A small, portable laptop. Apple? Hello?
  • Reply 3 of 12
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

My father is getting one for my baby sister.

Dude, how old ARE you???
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Dude, how old ARE you???

I drove to the hospital when my sister was born. She's in college now.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    So you're between 36 and 100+?

Re: iPhone. I can't wait to afford one. The only use I have for a laptop is mobile internet and email. The iPhone would make it pocket-sized, and add the ability to make calls from it, play music and have photos. Sign me up in September.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Why You Don't Want an iPhone -- Yet

Quote:

Consider the fate of the original iPod, which was a far less ambitious product. This isn't just yet another small hard drive strapped to a tiny LCD display-- it's Apple's first cell phone ever. Maybe you remember this choice Jobs quote:

"You keep on innovating, you keep on making better stuff," Jobs said, in response to a question from Williams about why a new iPod might seem outdated as soon as you take it out of the box. Then Jobs offered a bit of advice to consumers: "If you always want the latest and greatest, then you have to buy a new iPod at least once a year."

If we use history as our guide, we can expect that Apple will introduce a new iPhone within 12 months. It's likely to address the most glaring flaws with the original: it'll probably have 3G, more storage, longer battery life, and so on.

For Apple users this is a given. But for the iPhone? Wait another year. Let the early adopters waste their money (but hopefully complain about why they feel they were wasting it in the first place). Then Apple will improve the iPhone.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

So you're between 36 and 100+?

Re: iPhone. I can't wait to afford one. The only use I have for a laptop is mobile internet and email. The iPhone would make it pocket-sized, and add the ability to make calls from it, play music and have photos. Sign me up in September.

I'm just wondering why, at his age, he still needs a babysitter.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Why You Don't Want an iPhone -- Yet

For Apple users this is a given. But for the iPhone? Wait another year. Let the early adopters waste their money (but hopefully complain about why they feel they were wasting it in the first place). Then Apple will improve the iPhone.

According to every early review, the main problems lay in at&t's crusty, sluggish network... which may reflect badly on the iPhone... BUT, there are now people posting online who have said they are today noticing an improvement in the EDGE network speed... stay tuned...
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

According to every early review, the main problems lay in at&t's crusty, sluggish network... which may reflect badly on the iPhone... BUT, there are now people posting online who have said they are today noticing an improvement in the EDGE network speed... stay tuned...

Or as Jobs always says, "And One More Thing..."
  • Reply 10 of 12
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Geez, if the network problem is really solved... now I'm having second thoughts!
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

I'm just wondering why, at his age, he still needs a babysitter.

The same reason you need new glasses.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wojciechowski View Post

The same reason you need new glasses.

I just caught that. Lord have mercy on our souls.