iPhone Sold Out At....

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Post 'sold out' reports as you know about them....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    auslanderauslander Posts: 183member
    Sold out in Chicago within an hour, at my local Cingular (haven't changed the sign yet either) branch. Lots of angry people as a result.
  • Reply 2 of 24
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I'm guessing everywhere. My co-worker ordered one from an AT&T store and they said it would come in a week.
  • Reply 4 of 24
  • Reply 5 of 24
    auslanderauslander Posts: 183member
    I wonder how many Apple sold/will still sell today. The number has to be astronomical.
  • Reply 6 of 24
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wojciechowski View Post

http://store.apple.com/

Sold out too. Another batch coming in 2-4 weeks.
  • Reply 7 of 24
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by auslander View Post

I wonder how many Apple sold/will still sell today. The number has to be astronomical.

Well 200 per Apple store would be about 35,000. Then you have all the little AT&T stores and online for both companies. This phones is still overpriced, only comes with a contract, and has too little storage for my liking - it's still the coolest thing I've ever seen though. Europeans want a music playing cellphone that makes calls and sends texts. All this internet business is a bonus over here, but not a seller ultimately. In the end the price is the big factor. iPhone nano for me - maybe
  • Reply 8 of 24
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Well 200 per Apple store would be about 35,000. Then you have all the little AT&T stores and online for both companies. This phones is still overpriced, only comes with a contract, and has too little storage for my liking - it's still the coolest thing I've ever seen though. Europeans want a music playing cellphone that makes calls and sends texts. All this internet business is a bonus over here, but not a seller ultimately. In the end the price is the big factor. iPhone nano for me - maybe

Just wait til Apple puts those billions to use in the near future and starts buying up spectrum...
  • Reply 9 of 24
    sigs21sigs21 Posts: 82member
    Austin Texas domain.. Apple store has a bunch left.. as of 1030 when i got my 8gb baby...
  • Reply 10 of 24
    n3on3o Posts: 56member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Nah... actually it was displaying 2-4 weeks since store.apple.com went back online. I believe most of the units were distributed to Apple and AT&T stores.
  • Reply 11 of 24
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    just check your store status online:

http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/

arizona has availability at all stores.
  • Reply 12 of 24
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau View Post

just check your store status online:

http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/

arizona has availability at all stores.

Actually went through that complete list about 30 minutes ago. Every Apple store in every state has a green light next to it. Either there are tons of units for sale or demand is not over the top. Take your pick.
  • Reply 13 of 24
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PBG4 Dude View Post

Actually went through that complete list about 30 minutes ago. Every Apple store in every state has a green light next to it. Either there are tons of units for sale or demand is not over the top. Take your pick.

Yes I see that but did you notice the date it had listed: "Sunday, July 1"

It's either broken or they will be expecting more deliveries some time today Saturday so when they say 'Sunday' they really mean sometime after our delivery on Saturday.

Cause I gotta believe that SOME / MANY of the Apple stores must have sold out their entire stock on Friday - people were reporting as such...

Dave
  • Reply 14 of 24
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    I'm thinking they had as many as possible at each site. My store (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) had a bunch last night at 10:00 PM when I bought mine. Just a few others meandering and buying.

Of course it is now 10:00 AM and I'm STILL waiting for my activation to complete.
  • Reply 15 of 24
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    checked this morning most places it is available, may be it will be updated when the stores Open this morning and then see the availability.

2 year AT&T contract playing the spoilsports here huh?
  • Reply 16 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

2 year AT&T contract playing the spoilsports here huh?

As opposed to what:

A 2 year Verizon contract playing the spoil-sport

Ot

A 2 year Sprint contract playing the spoil-sport

Or

A 2 year T-Mobile contract playing the spoil-sport

It WAS going to be an EXCLUSIVE and it was going to go to one of the top 3 (4) providers... Either way 3/4 of the US was going to be needing to 'migrate' if they wanted an iPhone.

Dave
  • Reply 17 of 24
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Yep, i agree
  • Reply 18 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

As opposed to what:

A 2 year Verizon contract playing the spoil-sport

Ot

A 2 year Sprint contract playing the spoil-sport

Or

A 2 year T-Mobile contract playing the spoil-sport

It WAS going to be an EXCLUSIVE and it was going to go to one of the top 3 (4) providers... Either way 3/4 of the US was going to be needing to 'migrate' if they wanted an iPhone.

Dave

One Problem with that: It's AT&T. Verison and Sprint have much better networks, even if they will try and screw you over more with using their network features. I guess it's almost a lose-lose situation. Oh well. It's a problem of the iPhoners now, not mine.
  • Reply 19 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

One Problem with that: It's AT&T. Verison and Sprint have much better networks, even if they will try and screw you over more with using their network features. I guess it's almost a lose-lose situation. Oh well. It's a problem of the iPhoners now, not mine.

IN YOUR AREA PERHAPS but where I live 30 miles north-west of NYC I get much better reception with AT&T uhh Cingular uhh AT&T. Well at least I did when I chose my provided some 8 odd years ago.

Think about it for just a second.. would AT&T be the LARGEST CARRIER (even tho its a slim margin between #1 and #2) in the US if they had such a crappy network?!?!

Some places Verizon has the best coverage... other places it's Sprint and still other places it's Cingular... Nobody has 'the perfect network EVERYWHERE' cause if they did they'd own the ENTIRE US MARKET. In the US the market is split pretty equally with the top 4 (well when you combine #3 and #4 into a single entity).... It's 33% Cingular, 33% Verizon and the last 33% getting divvied up between Sprint and T-Mobile. (numbers aren't exact but it makes my point)

Dave
  • Reply 20 of 24
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

I ordered mine just around 6:30 PM Pacific time shortly after they went on sale. The apple store site was very slow. It took about 3 minutes between each screen but finally went through. I think it said 3-5 business days delivery time. I can't remember, but I'm not in a hurry anyway.