well...im not activated for 24 hours

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
im so mad....i waited all day for the phone, i come home to port my telephone number from T-Mobile to AT&T, and i get a message saying i have to wait for an email, so i got the email and it says i wont get activated till after 7:39PM PDT July 30th.....grrrrrrrrrrr

why is it taking so long, i cant even make outgoing calls or anything =/

oh and it says i have no service still =/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    nerudaneruda Posts: 439member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ebaydan777 View Post

im so mad....i waited all day for the phone, i come home to port my telephone number from T-Mobile to AT&T,...why is it taking so long, i cant even make outgoing calls or anything =/

I would guess that it takes that long to transfer the number from one provider to another. I can't think of any other reason.

Edit: taken from http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305729

Important: Your iPhone may be able to receive calls in as little as 15 minutes after activation. If you are migrating your current phone number, it can take longer—up to several days, depending on the type and status of your former service account—before calls are routed to iPhone. In the meantime, you can make calls and use iPhone’s other features.

Looks like you may have to use your old cell phone a little while longer :-)
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

im so mad....i waited all day for the phone, i come home to port my telephone number from T-Mobile to AT&T, and i get a message saying i have to wait for an email, so i got the email and it says i wont get activated till after 7:39PM PDT July 30th.....grrrrrrrrrrr

why is it taking so long, i cant even make outgoing calls or anything =/

oh and it says i have no service still =/

I really hope you meant june 30. Otherwise you might as well jump off a bridge.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    haha my bad i ment june 30th, i called in again today because the phone still wasnt activated..morons forgot to push the processing through to the activation department, it was basically stuck at the credit/information check department...so from now i gotta wait a couple more hours

see what happens when an awesome company like apple goes to a shithole company like at&t..disaster
  • Reply 4 of 4
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

well...im not activated for 24 hours

Neat trick... since the iPhone has only been on sale for what 18 hours (at the time of my posting) and what 14 or 15 since they time of your posting... Not saying it doesn't suck to be waiting on this but it's NOT been 24 hours... and porting from T-Mobile WILL take some time... T-Mobile has to 'do stuff' and you gotta know they are NOT in a hurry to release phone numbers too quickly... I'm sure the gov established some 'time limit' a company had to do a number port when number porting was first mandated... and I have no doubt T-Mobile is going to use EVERY LAST MINUTE they can to stall the process... Cingular would do the same no doubt as would Verizon...

Dave