iPhone activation email question...

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
So I've been seeing a large number of people saying that after they get that screen that sayswait 6 minutes or so, that a new screen pops up with a prompt saying thaqt an email will be sent to you in 6 hours or so. Also, I received an email stating that my old cell service and phone would cancel in 24 hours and i could use my iPhone then... It's understandable there's issues. But my question for you people who got this email earlier... Did you have to wait the full 24 hours to be able to activate and use the iPhone? I just want to know if there's a chance, big or small, that the activation and credit check will be completedbefore either 6 or 24 hours. Thank you to people who responded to my last thread too.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Anyone know anything about it? I just need an idea of when it might start working, I'm not an impatient person, but, c'mon its THE iPhone. Haha, thanks again.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    still nothin...
  • Reply 3 of 7
    ebaydan777ebaydan777 Posts: 269member
    im at 19 hours and counting, i called in 3 times today and AT&T said that the process would be done at or before the 24 hour mark..

i talked to a supervisor and he said that its true, only 70% of the customers came out with a clean activation, for the rest of us porting our phones over or just simply waiting for a activation, it could take 24 hours, but no longer..and if it does definitly call in

if i were you just keep calling in and bugging them every couple hours, thats what ive been doing and so far the process just goes another step each time..like 9am this morning i called and my number was ported over, then at 1pm i called and the activation was close to complete, i have another couple hours and ill call again and make sure its all done
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Thanks ebaydan777, useful tactic that I will try, hopefully the customer service rep will break and just activate my phone at some point hehe. Thanks again. Also, is there anyone else out there with a possibly different experience with this frustrating issue? I just wanna hear everything i can to get this phone working...

I'm growing tired of sliding the tab, seeing the phone numbers, then pressing cancel. It was amusing at first, but now it's just taunting. So, if anyone else has a diff side, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I just ask because i remember looking yesterday and seeing a ton of ppl with same problem, and I slightly lguhed at it but look now, i have it too... Karma.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    hsehse Posts: 4member
    The wait is killing me. I'm on the 6th hour and nothing. I hope it'll be up by tomorrow morning or afternoon.

I know AT&T has announced that it may take up to 24 hours, but does anyone know what the majority of users are experiencing? 6 hours? 12 hours? 18 hours? Or is it taking a full 24 hours??
  • Reply 7 of 7
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HSE View Post

The wait is killing me. I'm on the 6th hour and nothing. I hope it'll be up by tomorrow morning or afternoon.

I know AT&T has announced that it may take up to 24 hours, but does anyone know what the majority of users are experiencing? 6 hours? 12 hours? 18 hours? Or is it taking a full 24 hours??

Take a nap.