iPhone Email Questions.

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hey all -

I love my iPhone so far. But I dont like the email client too much... I use gmail so on my computer I view my email on gmail.com. The iPhone keeps seeing all my messages that I have read on gmail.com as new...

How do I fix this?

Also what is SSL under advanced settings and what is recent mode?

Thanks..

Jeff

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    m01etym01ety Posts: 278member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post

Hey all -

I love my iPhone so far. But I dont like the email client too much... I use gmail so on my computer I view my email on gmail.com. The iPhone keeps seeing all my messages that I have read on gmail.com as new...

How do I fix this?

Also what is SSL under advanced settings and what is recent mode?

Thanks..

Jeff

Please read the help/support files relating to Gmail's POP support. They will tell you what you need to know.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    sgtpepersgtpeper Posts: 124member
    Where do I find that information?

Thanks
  • Reply 3 of 4
    notoriousnotorious Posts: 57member
    apple.com/iPhone support is in the bottom right of the page.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    sshssh Posts: 15member
    So, I'm a Gmail user (among other mail accounts). Overall, the iPhone works well for all e-mail, but the Gmail stuff is a bit weird and I wonder if you have thoughts.

I am using Recent Mode Off so that I don't get all 2+GB worth of mail consistently downloaded to my iPhone. However, I am now finding that my MacBook Pro and iPhone are in a race to download mail, and if one gets it, the other one may not. This is really bad when my MacBook isn't the one to get it, since that's where I keep my e-mail in general.

Anyone come up with a solution to this?