iPhone - RSS - reader.mac.com

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Don't know if others have seen this nice piece of magic yet but just enter an RSS URL into safari (in the iPhone) and poof it send to reader.mac.com and you get a very nice RSS list, just like safari - Mac.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    fuzz_ballfuzz_ball Posts: 390member
    Yeah, I discovered this on accident last night! I *thought* I had heard during all the pre-release stuff that there wasn't an RSS reader, so when I clicked on one of my synched bookmarks and BOOM there was an RSS page, I was pleasantly surprised!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Sometime in the past 24 hours (2/10/2010), the reader.mac.com is no longer availible. This application which redirects an iPhone safari web browser to a pre-formatted view of any RSS feed was a fantastic utility that worked in the background. It made viewing and navigating through an RSS feed very dimple and extremely fast.

Some may speculate that this maybe Apple's pre-emptive move to accomodate the paper to digital publication through the iPad.

Certainly I hope Apple re-writes the code to allow for optimization on the iPhone and iPad and still make it public domain. The funtionality is just to good to abandon and at least I have learned to love it without having to pay for it.

In an ideal world it would be great to have that code be open sourced for all to benefit from.

Keeping you in the loop.

MJA
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikeatctwo View Post

Sometime in the past 24 hours (2/10/2010), the reader.mac.com is no longer availible. This application which redirects an iPhone safari web browser to a pre-formatted view of any RSS feed was a fantastic utility that worked in the background. It made viewing and navigating through an RSS feed very dimple and extremely fast.

Some may speculate that this maybe Apple's pre-emptive move to accomodate the paper to digital publication through the iPad.

Certainly I hope Apple re-writes the code to allow for optimization on the iPhone and iPad and still make it public domain. The funtionality is just to good to abandon and at least I have learned to love it without having to pay for it.

In an ideal world it would be great to have that code be open sourced for all to benefit from.

Keeping you in the loop.

MJA

2/10/2010@4pm: looks like Apple put it back online! Thanks Apple.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by physguy View Post

Don't know if others have seen this nice piece of magic yet but just enter an RSS URL into safari (in the iPhone) and poof it send to reader.mac.com and you get a very nice RSS list, just like safari - Mac.

I haven't checked this yet. I would check it now and see what are the results. Thanks for informing about this odd experience. Keep the god work of sharing such experiences.