Does the iTrip or other iPod Car Adapters work with iPhone?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I have a Griffin iTrip that I've used for quite awhile with my standard video iPod. I now have a iPhone and tried using it. The good news is it charges it so I don't have to purchase a car charger for the iPhone but it doesn't seem to play through to the stereo. Of course the iPhone has it's own speaker but is it possible to get it to play through any of these car adapters? I was hoping it's as simple as changing a setting somewhere on the iPhone. If not maybe someday they will come out with models which support the iPhone if that's possible.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rickr10 View Post

I have a Griffin iTrip that I've used for quite awhile with my standard video iPod. I now have a iPhone and tried using it. The good news is it charges it so I don't have to purchase a car charger for the iPhone but it doesn't seem to play through to the stereo. Of course the iPhone has it's own speaker but is it possible to get it to play through any of these car adapters? I was hoping it's as simple as changing a setting somewhere on the iPhone. If not maybe someday they will come out with models which support the iPhone if that's possible.

I'm using my iPhone with my previous fm trasmitter which was an independent unit, not tied to the iPod. This works done as long as I don't use the phone or the edge network. If I use either of those there is considerable interference, but the iPod function works fine.