Safari Tabs

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
i wasn't sure if i should a new thread or not but i figure why not since people will like this

<a href="http://www.eelee.com/safaritabs/"; target="_blank">Safari Tabs</a>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I still want tabbed browsing...
  • Reply 2 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yes please.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    I haven't used it, but the VT reviewers are saying that it is craptastic. It has a mind-blowing 1.2/5 rating.

[ 01-28-2003: Message edited by: Brad ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 10
    I thought this was about adding tabs to Safari. Then I took a look at that. I'm SURE Apple will add tabs to Safari. They are just too good to pass up.

Anyone that disses tabs either hasn't used them or hasn't used them enough.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by Aquatic:

<strong>Anyone that disses tabs either hasn't used them or hasn't used them enough.</strong><hr></blockquote>Actually, there are a number of problems with the implementation of tabs as dynamic content holders. A brief stroll around MacNN's forums will teach you that much pretty quickly. I could go into them each in detail, but you can probably find a dozen threads that cover the same points over at NN.

Personally, I am hoping for something new and different. Surely Apple or Omni (who has actually hinted at this) can come up with a better way of switching views of the browser than by using the OS's tab scheme.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by Brad:

<strong>Personally, I am hoping for something new and different. Surely Apple or Omni (who has actually hinted at this) can come up with a better way of switching views of the browser than by using the OS's tab scheme.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Do you have a guess of how it'd be done? Because I really like tabbed browsing, and to think there's an even better way...

• Reply 7 of 10
    Hey, I didn't say *I* had a better idea! Apple and Omni are the ones with the great UI concepts -- that's why I said I hoped they'd come up with something better.

There have been a couple of side-pane, Dock-like concepts posted at NN that were okay, but a "perfect" solution still hasn't been found yet.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    You're absolutely right Apple will have a better way, but with the same concept.

Like the progress bar in the address field. Brilliantly simple, and it makes sense, it's the progress of the site that's loading. Did they come up with that?
  • Reply 9 of 10
    I think so. I was thinking kind of like how in Proteus the drawer comes out with the icons for the different conversations. But the sidebar in Chimera comes out like that and I hate how it resizes the page when you do that. I think Apple might do something similar to that with Safari, but less bulky, and more simple.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    trowatrowa Posts: 176member
    looks like it may be a reality now that KDE 3.1's Konquerer now supports it. Here's the <a href="http://promo.kde.org/3.1/feature_guide.php?page=4"; target="_blank">link</a>

Looks pretty good.