5 Minutes with iPhone review - whew, buggy

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
After a couple beers at the local pub we stopped in to the Biltmore Apple to look at the iPhone.

Blown away by the interface. I really want this thing, even with the too small flash drive, AT&T, and crappy EDGE.

bugs in 3 minutes:

Google maps would die and go back to the main screen if I searched a zip code and then zoomed too fast (reverse pinch). I'd then have to start over. Repeated this 3 times. Ick. Makes it unusable. Looks cool, doesn't work very good zooming in too fast.

iPod video would black screen movie, perhaps it was loading but it didn't have any visual cues to show this. Got bored and went back to main screen. However, music video loaded instantly.

Display area with 4 or 5 iPhones was packed. People were exclaming constantly 'wow', 'amazing' 'cool' etc. I was one of them. It IS amazing and the best tech gadget I've ever seen/used, even if it showed bugs.

Photos were probably my favorite thing. Calendar, very nice, like the spin wheels for time...

All around, very very impressed with how usable and delightful it really is. So what if it has bugs, this is a platform. The screen is a palette for Apple Engineers to build new and wonderful things.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau View Post

All around, very very impressed with how usable and delightful it really is. So what if it has bugs, this is a platform. The screen is a palette for Apple Engineers to build new and wonderful things.

I tend to agree, although after seeing the teardowns, I'm glad I'm not buying one soon. There's a of room for improvement all around.