O.K. all you iPhone owners---what about the phone itself--

how is your ATT coverage area?

how is it in your city?

how is it in Seattle---

ATT coverage has been my fear.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I have had great success with coverage in Phoenix. I have had mobile phones since I was a kid and my dad had the huge brick phone, and I had an Alpine car phone. (it was his car) But there is a spot in the mountain pass that we have never gotten a signal with any carrier, and I usually just tell people I'll call back when I get past the Dreamy Draw, but for the first time ever I can make calls through there. I for one am seriously impressed. And I think the EDGE speed is pretty fast too. I was expecting something much less because of all the people talking shit before the phone came out, but I'd say that it's about half the speed of WiFi. That's better than what I expected, and the WiFi in my iPhone is fast IMO.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Coverage in South Florida (Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami) is great. But I am still a bit disappointed with the sound quality. To me it sounds a little muffled.....like everyone is talking through a sock or something. \
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I've been using ATT (Cingular) for over a year now, and have never had a problem with reception... all over the US, and Europe.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    sammicksammick Posts: 416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Coverage in South Florida (Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami) is great. But I am still a bit disappointed with the sound quality. To me it sounds a little muffled.....like everyone is talking through a sock or something. \

Could it be your phone?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Of all iPhone's features, I think I've used it for a voice call twice.