Visual Hub question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi all, I fancy playing around with Visual Hub to convert video files to WMV for playback on my X360. I've been using WinAVI on Windows for a while to do this, as it handles any video format I throw at it, and allows me to select from multiple language tracks (if present in the original video) and to burn in subtitles from .srt files.

Playing around with Visual Hub on my MacBook, I'm not getting very far with it. I can't see any options for subtitle support (essential for anime encoding), nor how to select which audio track to use. Furthermore, I'm having trouble getting the thing to work at all. I can load in a video (an MKV for example), but as soon as I try to preview or convert it, it crashes.

The problem I suspect is codec related, as when I first installed Visual Hub it tried to download a codec pack automatically but crashed mid download. I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Visual Hub, but have never managed to persuade it to try downloading the codecs again.

Can any Visual Hub experts offer some advice on these issues? Thanks in advance!