screen protector film

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Today I bought the crystal film set sold at the Apple Store for the iPhone. It only has two sheets in it. I tried following the intstructions to apply it. I accidently got fingerprints on the side that touchs the screen. You are supposed to be able to clean them and reuse them I tried to clean it but then got little bits of dust attracted to it. I tried the other sheet, but that didn't work either. Anyone know of anything better? I know the screen uses optical glass that is supposed to be scratch resistant. But I wear glasses that are supposed to be scratch resistant, and I seem to always manage somehow to get scratches, so I wanted to protect my iPhone. Anyone have some recommendations or advice on good ones and how to apply them?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    dudditsduddits Posts: 260member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HHansen726 View Post

Today I bought the crystal film set sold at the Apple Store for the iPhone. It only has two sheets in it. I tried following the intstructions to apply it. I accidently got fingerprints on the side that touchs the screen. You are supposed to be able to clean them and reuse them I tried to clean it but then got little bits of dust attracted to it. I tried the other sheet, but that didn't work either. Anyone know of anything better?

Yes. do not use a screen protector.

It isn't all that neccessary and degrades the design.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    reeve76reeve76 Posts: 37member
    Yes. do not use a screen protector.

It isn't all that neccessary and degrades the design.

I agree, its a waste of money and the only thing it will do is keep off finger prints, which you can easily whipe away with a cloth
  • Reply 3 of 4
    asi202asi202 Posts: 3member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HHansen726 View Post

Today I bought the crystal film set sold at the Apple Store for the iPhone. It only has two sheets in it. I tried following the intstructions to apply it. I accidently got fingerprints on the side that touchs the screen. You are supposed to be able to clean them and reuse them I tried to clean it but then got little bits of dust attracted to it. I tried the other sheet, but that didn't work either. Anyone know of anything better? I know the screen uses optical glass that is supposed to be scratch resistant. But I wear glasses that are supposed to be scratch resistant, and I seem to always manage somehow to get scratches, so I wanted to protect my iPhone. Anyone have some recommendations or advice on good ones and how to apply them?

I would have to disagree, my husband has the iPhone(i'm getting mine soon) and he uses the FiLM from iQase, it's very easy to apply and is an extra protection for the iPhone's screen. I don't think anyone wants to pay that much money for a phone(which is worth every penny) and take a chance on scratching it since the screen isn't replaceable, at least i don't think it is?!!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I don't think he'll be replying to you anytime soon...

Call it a hunch.