Apple Computer Inc.?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So I sent in the rebate forms for the free printer and iPod nano, and got this email back from Apple saying they couldn't honor one because I didn't send the original MBP UPC with the printer rebate. This is OK, and can be fixed with proper documentation saying that I sent it with the iPod rebate and whatnot. BUT, on this form, they refer to themselves as "Apple Computer Inc." instead of "Apple Inc.". First of all, this seems odd to me since they switched almost 6 months ago and they didn't have their lawyers jump to fix all of their legal loopholes and such. Now on this form, I am wondering if somehow they didn't give me the rebate or something I could sue them (no real reason, it's only $100) since I am swearing that all of this info is true and that I won't sue Apple Computer Inc. although it says nothing about Apple Inc. So... what are your thoughts about this:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    My raw gut feeling is that it is ok, usually even after companies change names, for like 2-3 years or something, maybe, whatever the old name is can continue to be used legally.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    That seems odd, but whatever, it's not that big of deal. Any lawyers in the forum that know about this stuff?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Answer:

Companies change names frequently. The often maintain divisions, bank accounts, and letterhead for the 'old' name for YEARS. This is because a change in name touches thousands of documents and people.

My own six year old company changed names over 2 years ago. Guess what's still on my old business cards (and on the mug on my desk)? Yep.. the old logo and name.

You'll find that a THIRTY year old name is slow moving in the change. Heck, even their own site still has references and all their old tech docs. (not to mention an hundred million lines of branded code and user agreements)