Darn you Verizon!

xaoxao
Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Why oh why do I have until August 15th until my contract expires?

Can you believe MY WIFE said today, let's BOTH get iPhones!!! I was on my way to the AT&T store quicker than a wipper snapper....

As I'm driving, I'm calling Verizon and ask for my contract expiration date, they respond 08/15/07, am I thinking about cancelling? I say, the iPhone is just tugging too hard, "but we have many phones that can do the same thing".... Uhmm..... I finally respond that I'm a "MAC GUY" and the rep said "ohhhh" and just let it rest from there. LoL

Anyways, I ask can I just pay the last bill upfront and transfer my number, and she said with the $175 termination fee (ahem per line). I said, but I'm willing to pay for the full 24 months, but if I port the numbers, they are going to nail me. DA** VERIZON!!! Grrr....

Of course, me, I would change our cell numbers, besides to me, too many people have mine, it's nice to clear out every once and a while. But alas, we have a five year old that knows both "Mommy and Daddy's" cell phone number, so "Mommy" doesn't want to change them....

*sigh*, I just KNOW the wife is going to change her mind before next month!

She has NEVER volunteered to drop $1300 on tech stuff.....

I'm going to go cry now....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    reeve76reeve76 Posts: 37member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xao View Post

As I'm driving, I'm calling Verizon and ask for my contract expiration date, they respond 08/15/07, am I thinking about cancelling? I say, the iPhone is just tugging too hard, "but we have many phones that can do the same thing".... Uhmm..... I finally respond that I'm a "MAC GUY" and the rep said "ohhhh" and just let it rest from there. LoL

:

LoL that is a funny phone call. Just let your plan expire with verizon, but find some way to keep your wife wanting the iPhone. Keep taking her into the apple store and let her play around with one. She should still be interested a month from now, if not you could always just switch yourself, rite?\\http://forums.appleinsider.com/images/smilies/1hmm.gif
  • Reply 2 of 12
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    tell her how much money you saved which can go to accessories
  • Reply 3 of 12
    -df-df Posts: 136member
    I don't know if this would work, but you might be able to get your iPhones and set up new accounts with new (temporary) phone numbers with AT&T. When your Verizon contracts expire you should be able to then port the numbers.

You might even be able to forward calls from your Verizon phones to your iPhones for the time being.

I'd contact AT&T and ask if I were you. There may be a way to work it out so you win
  • Reply 4 of 12
    ryukyuryukyu Posts: 450member
    I have yet to see any phone that Verizon offers that has all of the features of the iPhone.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ryukyu View Post

I have yet to see any phone that Verizon offers that has all of the features of the iPhone.

I have yet to see any phone that anyone offers that has half of the features of the iPhone.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    If you're really worried about losing spousal permission before 8/15/07 then buy your iPhone now, before it's too late.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

I have yet to see any phone that anyone offers that has half of the features of the iPhone.

That's true, but I was referring to the remark that Verizon representatives keep using to dissuade customers from leaving them.

I have heard that many people have received that response when they make it known that they want the iPhone.

Even the highly touted upcoming LG Prada is a joke in comparison.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:

I love my iphone as much as the next person, but UI aside, what features are you referring to? My old Treo 650 did everything this does and more, even if it wasn't as pretty or easy to use.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by infinitespecter View Post

I love my iphone as much as the next person, but UI aside, what features are you referring to? My old Treo 650 did everything this does and more, even if it wasn't as pretty or easy to use.

BUT the UI IS A FEATURE, and IMO one of the most important. Its really amazing to me how this is just brushed aside. There is NO phone out there that has all of the iPhone 'features' when the UI, which is a feature, is included. As I've pointed out elsewhere if a feature isn't easy to use then many many people out there, including myself, don't use it making that feature useless.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by physguy View Post

BUT the UI IS A FEATURE, and IMO one of the most important. Its really amazing to me how this is just brushed aside. There is NO phone out there that has all of the iPhone 'features' when the UI, which is a feature, is included. As I've pointed out elsewhere if a feature isn't easy to use then many many people out there, including myself, don't use it making that feature useless.

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

This is the single biggest thing that all of the other manufacturers and carriers don't get.

They all think that if you make it pretty and put a big screen on it, then it's just like an iPhone.

And let's not forget the multi-touch screen. Others may have touch screens, but to my knowledge there is no other that has multi-touch.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

A lot of phones are capable of it (touchscreen not withstanding)...before they get the lockdown treatment from the carreirs
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer View Post

A lot of phones are capable of it (touchscreen not withstanding)...before they get the lockdown treatment from the carreirs

Fair enough, but I was referring to the whole experience with multi-touch and 'full' internet access and also as more of an expression instead of literally.