Warping display

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi there,

I haven't had my macbook long. I am a switcher to and its my first. I am loving it and definately don't want to go back to windows. For what I do it's great. Probably going to get into more of imovie as I love the way it all works together.

Now for the hardware issues.

My macbook has already been to the repair shop to fix a few things

1) the trackpad button was getting stuck so the top case got replace

2) one of the rubber feet were loose which meant replacing the bottom case which houses everything

3) The bezel has a small gap (i.e doesn't sit flush at the side, bottom right). This was left.

Now the problem I notice on return is that I am a pretty bad case of the display warping. One side sits pretty flush the other theres a big cap. It just looks well shoddy and uneven.

Has anyone else had this problem.

When put my macbook in to have the lose rubber feet fixed I had a hard enough time getting this fixed so I am sure they will just say its cosmetic again!!! Uuuuurrrrr!

Anyone else had this?? What did you do???

Thanks Poppetbed

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    poppetpoppet Posts: 90member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Poppet View Post

Hi there,

I haven't had my macbook long. I am a switcher to and its my first. I am loving it and definately don't want to go back to windows. For what I do it's great. Probably going to get into more of imovie as I love the way it all works together.

Now for the hardware issues.

My macbook has already been to the repair shop to fix a few things

1) the trackpad button was getting stuck so the top case got replace

2) one of the rubber feet were loose which meant replacing the bottom case which houses everything

3) The bezel has a small gap (i.e doesn't sit flush at the side, bottom right). This was left.

Now the problem I notice on return is that I am a pretty bad case of the display warping. One side sits pretty flush the other theres a big cap. It just looks well shoddy and uneven.

Has anyone else had this problem.

When put my macbook in to have the lose rubber feet fixed I had a hard enough time getting this fixed so I am sure they will just say its cosmetic again!!! Uuuuurrrrr!

Anyone else had this?? What did you do???

Thanks Poppetbed

I spoke to applecare today and they advised that I take it in as there macbook wasn't like that. Also they said the lcd could crack if its under stress. I guess that is worst case senario. After then using the macbook for 1hr I then discover the trackpad button has started doing the same as last time.

I've phoned apple back and said I am not happy to have anymore repairs. I am going to take it to get the problems looked at but going to state I do not want it repaired. It is only 6 weeks old and I have had the following problems:

Here are a list of my problems

1) Loose rubber foot. Replaced bottom casing which houses everything

2) Clunking trackpad button (left hand corner) - top cover and trackbutton pad replaced

3) Bezel not sitting flush - still the same

The second lot of problems

1) Trackpad button problem returns

2) Display warping and bending up at edges

3) Discoloration where hands rest when typing.

All this in the first 6 weeks and its been in the service centre for 2.

I kinda feel I may as well have bought a refurbished considering how many times it will have been taken apart.

Wish I had gone for the black one if I had know about this discolouration problem. After all I upgraded my specs to match the black one.

Hey ho that's life but hopefully apple will look after me. I absolutely love OSX and ilife so can't see me going back anytime soon but I do want something that is going to last!!!

Poppet