Should I buy the latest (2.4GHz) MacBook Pro?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi,

I heard the original MBPs had problems with the case getting hot and warping, making it hard to close the lid. Do these kind of problems still exist?

Are there any other hardware flaws that are known to exist in these latest MacBook Pros?

Thanks,

Alex

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    silverjsilverj Posts: 2member
    Hello,

I have posted a similiar post about the latest macbookpros that you might want to keep an eye on. I've been researching them for a while now too. But only became a member of this forum today. I am hoping that with this latest release of the macbook pro that he has taken all the flaws in the past and tried to fix or reduce their effects as much as possible. I'm just worried about having some kind of screen issue mostly \
  • Reply 2 of 6
    easyceasyc Posts: 69member
    2 things guys.

To AlexT83: Ive not heard anything about the new MBP's doing this warping thing. I have the new MPB 2.4 and got the 7200 rpm drive and Ive been doing some intensive usage on it and I would say that it hasnt gotton hotter than expected. Does it get hot and warm, yes but how an aluminum case can warp I have no idea, it would have to get pretty hot.

To SilverJ: As far as your concern about the million colors thing do a search on "Apple's Lawsuit screen colors here on the Appleinsider forums. There was a thread here about a month ago that had some huge activity because Apple advertises "millions of colors" but actually the screen can only give some 200k colors or so, and some guys filed a lwasuit for false advertisement. Look for the thread and youll find a good amount of responses there. But in short, Im pretty sure that the millions of colors that is advertised is still not implemented in the newer MBP due to the bits on the display.

Finally, yes just buy the damn thing . I have done some video editing and photo editing with mine and Im loving it. The colors are nice and I find it very easy to do my editing. The LED backlighting is bright to say the least. Ive found it to be perfect for my needs. Definatly not super high end, but for the price and the mobility, its perfect!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    Not to mention you'll have a hell of a time getting your hands on the 2.2 GHz model right now. Mid-range is always the sweet spot in Apple notebook lineups, whether it be the MacBook, MBP, iBook, or PowerBook.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karelia View Post

Not to mention you'll have a hell of a time getting your hands on the 2.2 GHz model right now. Mid-range is always the sweet spot in Apple notebook lineups, whether it be the MacBook, MBP, iBook, or PowerBook.

Both are a 7-10 day wait at the online apple store. I just ordered a 2.2 with a 160 GB HD myself
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

Both are a 7-10 day wait at the online apple store. I just ordered a 2.2 with a 160 GB HD myself

That's the delay before they're shipped - it should take a few more days even after that. I just ordered a 2.4 with a 120 GB today.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by abandonedhero View Post

That's the delay before they're shipped

I'm well aware of that