Powerbook G4 12" 1ghz

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I recently upgraded to Tiger (I know well behind the times) and since then my battery has not operated correctly.

it takes hours to recharge, it never gets beyond 80% and it drains in about 40mins, often dying before any warning comes up.

I've tried the drain and recharge to callibrate but no luck. I'm at a loss - it seems a software thing - is there a firmware update I'm missing or something.

Any help gratefully rec'd.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grobelaar View Post

I recently upgraded to Tiger (I know well behind the times) and since then my battery has not operated correctly.

it takes hours to recharge, it never gets beyond 80% and it drains in about 40mins, often dying before any warning comes up.

I've tried the drain and recharge to callibrate but no luck. I'm at a loss - it seems a software thing - is there a firmware update I'm missing or something.

Any help gratefully rec'd.

First off, check your battery for the most recent Sony recall. You never know.

Next, try resetting the power management unit. Shut the machine down fully and press Shift-Ctrl-Opt-Power. Wait five seconds, then turn it back on.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    thanks, will give it a go tonight.