Network not working

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I recently left my Powerbook G4 on for a weekend and since I did not travel with my charger it died. When i returned to where my charger was I plugged it in and booted up. When OSX 10.4 started up i received a message stating that my clock had been reset, the year was set to 1969, and that certain system functions would not work. I proceeded to fix the time and i did not notice a problem. When i open up my computer in the finder and double click on network nothing happens. I have appletalk enabled in the network part of system prefs and it is also enabled in directory access. Does anyone know how to fix this so i can access other computers in my network???

This is so frustrating that my network isnt working!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by YooHoo86 View Post

I recently left my Powerbook G4 on for a weekend and since I did not travel with my charger it died. When i returned to where my charger was I plugged it in and booted up. When OSX 10.4 started up i received a message stating that my clock had been reset, the year was set to 1969, and that certain system functions would not work. I proceeded to fix the time and i did not notice a problem. When i open up my computer in the finder and double click on network nothing happens. I have appletalk enabled in the network part of system prefs and it is also enabled in directory access. Does anyone know how to fix this so i can access other computers in my network???

This is so frustrating that my network isnt working!

Although it sounds too easy, make sure you have a good connection to the network. Also, try accessing the PowerBook from one of the other networked machines.

The Network pane is horrid, even when it's working correctly. Luckily, the new Network pane in Leopard works much better.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    My internet connection works fine, hence im able to post items to the forum. Any other suggestions?