airport extreme & express for itunes

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi

I need some help...

I replaced earlier this year the airport express with the new extreme base station, which is great, I now want to use the express to stream itunes music to another room.

Unfortunately I cant seem to get a connection. No Green Light on the express, Using the airport utility I seem to see only 1 wireless client, which I assume is the extreme.

Tried scanning but only finds the extreme

any ideas ??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by welshwiz View Post

Hi

I need some help...

I replaced earlier this year the airport express with the new extreme base station, which is great, I now want to use the express to stream itunes music to another room.

Unfortunately I cant seem to get a connection. No Green Light on the express, Using the airport utility I seem to see only 1 wireless client, which I assume is the extreme.

Tried scanning but only finds the extreme

any ideas ??

I'm assuming you are using the updated "AirPort Utility" that came with the Extreme, rather than "AirPort Admin Utility". Get a paper clip, and hold down the reset button on the Express. While holding it down, plug the Express in. Continue to hold it (this may take up to 45 seconds), until the Express blinks green four times. Let it go, you've just reset the Express to the out-of-box settings. You'll need to reconfigure the Express. Once you've named it, open up your AirPort Express in the Utility when it's plugged in and ready, and go into the AirPort pane make sure to choose "Join an existing network". Fill in the login info for the Extreme, and the Express should join the network as a relay base. Plug the speakers into it, and they will become part of the AirPort Extreme network.