Q4 iPhone speculation

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014

This is how I think Apple will evolve the iPhone lineup. Additions? Discussion!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    what about voice dialing?

does that require a hardware or software upgrade

memory card slot?

both edge and 3g to save battery

apps apps apps

vpn

nanophone
  • Reply 2 of 9
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    what about voice dialing? Software, and hopefully will be in an update before iPhone G2

memory card slot? You're kidding right? That is so unApple-like.

both edge and 3g to save battery Hopefully Apple will select a more power efficient 3G chipset or include some advanced power management via software/hardware.

apps apps apps/vpn Software

nanophone what's the point? I guess they can release a phone/iPod combo device with none of the Wifi or email features. I don't see it anytime soon though.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    trappa1trappa1 Posts: 8member
    because the chipset was too large and it would've made the iphone larger. I wonder if the manufacturer is making the chipset smaller to accommodate the second generation iphone. I can definitely see them making storage capacity higher.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

what about voice dialing? Software, and hopefully will be in an update before iPhone G2

memory card slot? You're kidding right? That is so unApple-like.

both edge and 3g to save battery Hopefully Apple will select a more power efficient 3G chipset or include some advanced power management via software/hardware.

apps apps apps/vpn Software

nanophone what's the point? I guess they can release a phone/iPod combo device with none of the Wifi or email features. I don't see it anytime soon though.

3g phones have edge as fall back
  • Reply 5 of 9
    My wish would be they would fix all the basic cell phone features they simply failed at, like voice dialing, as well as those things that seemed like no brainers like cut and paste, ringtones, A2DP, a better email client, real 3rd party app support and flash support in the browser. Add the features for us business freaks like decent email support. Add to this the three hardware things I would appreciate, in order of my importance, 16gb, GPS, 3g.

In reality though I don't think any of the hardware upgrades will occur before Feb. As far as the software list I think apple will be slower with software updates than most of us would assume and they will release several cool new features, but only fix a handful of the current gripes before the new year.

(Dear Steve, please prove me wrong I can't hold out much longer before the urge to buy this phone overcomes me)
  • Reply 6 of 9
    I really don't think Apple will add GPS to the iPhone. It really doesn't make much sense to have it in a phone really. Many cars have it installed already and it's much better integrated in a car. I remember setting up a tomtom with a friend's Treo to work with his car. It was clumsy and worked poorly. Unless Apple has some partnerships with auto makers I don't think this will be available in an iPhone anytime soon. And I'm fully aware that you can use GPS outside a car. But in those cases, when you can ascertain your location, Google maps will work fine.

I'm sure all the software updates mentioned will be incorporated in a future software update for the current version of the iPhone including chat (AIM & Jabber only for now).

I'm also wondering if Apple will release a corporate version of the iPhone that you can purchase that has full ActiveSync support.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

Unless Apple has some partnerships with auto makers I don't think this will be available in an iPhone anytime soon.

Apparently Apple have been talking with car manufacturers about in-car nav.

Here's the link
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Hmm, I read about that. I got the impression that Apple was to design the actual interface of the system. They may put in hooks for it's iPhone and iPod for better connectivity.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    trappa1trappa1 Posts: 8member
    By that time I will just buy a new iphone and just give mine to one of my family members who has cingular/at&t.