iPhone Review Series: iPhone vs. BlackBerry 8700

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 90
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rsrikanth05 View Post

Same way, why is it that all the sites that boast taht apple products are better than their claims are aplle fansites?

I made a big mistake by posting here.

I tyhought this wsas a decent reveiw site, now I know it is just another crappy Apple fanboy forum.

Even though it's obvious that you're trolling, I did post numbers. But, you can't simply make unsupported remarks without being asked to support them.

If you think that's too much to ask, then fine, goodbye!
  • Reply 82 of 90
    There you go, now some people are involving Linux into this.

Wierd.

Well Merry Christmas everybody.
  • Reply 83 of 90
    P.S: Maybe not in the real computer world, but in the mobile world, Linux has 10 times the market share as Mac OS, and after all this topic is about SmartPhones....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartphone
  • Reply 84 of 90
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

P.S: Maybe not in the real computer world, but in the mobile world, Linux has 10 times the market share as Mac OS, and after all this topic is about SmartPhones....

Big deal. Hundreds of cellphones that have existed for years have more market share than a single cellphone that has existed for about half a year! STOP THE PRESSES.

If only your assertion were true for any country other than China ? where iPhones aren't even directly sold at all. In the US, the primary market for the iPhone, it already beats Windows Mobile at 27%, and let's just not even speak of Linux, which makes even less of a dent than Palm OS or Symbian. When it comes to mobile phone browsers, Safari on iPhone has a 47% share.
  • Reply 85 of 90
    Quote:

If you looked further down in the article, you would notice that it mentions that the various Linux phone OS's are incompatible. Because of that, the fact that the OS's use Linux for the kernel, which, by the way, since you don't seem to know, is NOT an OS, you can't say that Linux has that amount of the smartphone market.

Wikipedia often gets its definitions partly wrong.

Here, that error is in not explaining properly that Linux is NOT an OS at all, though it does hint that way, but then makes the error of listing it as such.

If they actually listed all of the phone OS's that use the Linux kernel, but are otherwise completely different, Linux would not have appeared as a name at all.

It's like looking at a computer OS such as Debian, and saying it is Linux. It's NOT. It's the Debian OS that uses the Linux kernel.

If Apple foolishly switched to the Linux kernel for OS X, they would have to make changes to the OS to accommodate it, but it would not be "Linux". It would be OS X, with a Linux kernel, instead of OS X with the MACH kernel.
  • Reply 86 of 90
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

If you looked further down in the article, you would notice that it mentions that the various Linux phone OS's are incompatible. Because of that, the fact that the OS's use Linux for the kernel, which, by the way, since you don't seem to know, is NOT an OS, you can't say that Linux has that amount of the smartphone market.

Wikipedia often gets its definitions partly wrong.

Here, that error is in not explaining properly that Linux is NOT an OS at all, though it does hint that way, but then makes the error of listing it as such.

If they actually listed all of the phone OS's that use the Linux kernel, but are otherwise completely different, Linux would not have appeared as a name at all.

It's like looking at a computer OS such as Debian, and saying it is Linux. It's NOT. It's the Debian OS that uses the Linux kernel.

If Apple foolishly switched to the Linux kernel for OS X, they would have to make changes to the OS to accommodate it, but it would not be "Linux". It would be OS X, with a Linux kernel, instead of OS X with the MACH kernel.

Do I look like I care?
  • Reply 87 of 90
    Quote:

Do I look like I care?

I don't think you know, or care about anything important.

I also think, as other here seem to do, that it's a waste of time responding to you, and I won't bother in the future.
  • Reply 88 of 90
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

I don't think you know, or care about anything important.

I also think, as other here seem to do, that it's a waste of time responding to you, and I won't bother in the future.

Sounds good to me, melgross. Can I join up? Looks like bavlondon2 has rsrikanth05 as a partner in nonsense.
  • Reply 89 of 90
    Kep-kunto seriously you should drop this attitude of yours as its so childish. Go have a drik, get laid whatever takes the steam of but chill out.
  • Reply 90 of 90
    Hey, everyone, it’s the “2007 Greatest Know-it-all that in fact knows-nothing” – bavlondon2! You trying to give advice you can't take yourself? Besides, it's drink, not drik, and "takes the steam off", not "of". Come on, bav, you just started using spell checking, so what happened? Haha, oh, it's too much.