Optimum Airport Extreme Settings for AppleTV?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have a new airport extreme-N basestation along with a powermac G5 @ wireless G. I've been having a lot of problems with ATV dropping out while streaming music. Playing movies and videos over wifi is fine, it just drops out with music ALL the time. I can't go a couple songs without it crapping out and returning to the menu. In the airport utility, under logs and stats, my G5 shows a rate of 54, the appletv shows 130. This wasn't a problem before the youtub update. Any suggestions for my airport extreme network settings? Should I stick with one channel or have it set to automatic? Multicast rate? is at 11 mbps. robustness is off. I've looked around on the forums and can't seem to find the best settings for atv...i'd rather have my computer's internet run slow than have these problems.

Also, ATV disconnects from the network each night, very annoying having to enter in the password everytime. Why can't it remember my prefered network and pw? I feel like the update with youtube made things worse. thoughts? thanks...