ipod dead, it seems! what to do?!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
so after a few beers with a friend tonight, my 5g ipod met an unfortunate end on hard concrete i've tried a few internet solutions but to no avail. i'll try again tomorrow, but in the event it really is dead, what shall i do? i've been considering getting a shuffle for the gym for some time, but it seems a bit unnecessary. i might find that the tiny size and my obsession with podcasts fits the bill but i am also fond of watching seinfeld on the train

alternatively, it is surely only a matter of time until the 6g ipod hits the streets... what to do, what to do!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jonnyboy View Post

so after a few beers with a friend tonight, my 5g ipod met an unfortunate end on hard concrete i've tried a few internet solutions but to no avail. i'll try again tomorrow, but in the event it really is dead, what shall i do? i've been considering getting a shuffle for the gym for some time, but it seems a bit unnecessary. i might find that the tiny size and my obsession with podcasts fits the bill but i am also fond of watching seinfeld on the train

alternatively, it is surely only a matter of time until the 6g ipod hits the streets... what to do, what to do!!

Similar situation here, except it's just my clickwheel that's died. Luckily, my in-car stereo uses a dock connector, so it's still good for that. But I still have no music on the go.

What to do?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jonnyboy View Post

Here's what you do: buy a 2GB Nano. This will be perfect for the gym and for listening to your podcasts. You will have to sacrifice the video for now. Then, when Apple releases a new video iPod, you can get that one too, and know that you haven't really wasted much (or any) money by buying the Nano to hold you over -- your Nano will still be perfect for taking to the gym, and your video iPod will come with you to on the train.

This is essentially my set-up, only I have a 1Gen Shuffle for jogging and a 1Gen Mini for everything else -- and, yes, I'm really looking forward to an upgrade, but I think that I can survive for another year...
  • Reply 3 of 5
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    i went for a shuffle for the time being. i didn't know they were so bad for podcasts, but it will have to do. when new ipods come out the shuffle will be for gym use only
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Free software is much better than spammed software. Don't use *-converters, download open source stuff instead!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by armstronglouis View Post

iPhone is a revolutionary new mobile phone that allows you to make a call by simply pointing your finger at a name or number in your address book, a favorites list, or a call log

Mod edit: Don't quote the links, for crying out loud.