First Big Problem

whmwhm
Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
This morning while trying to make a call.. keep getting call failed message. Have not been able to make a call all day. Went to an A.T.&T. store that sells the iphone near my office. "CLUELESS" told me to call 1-800-myiphone. Only problem was I CAN NOT MAKE AN OUT GOING CALL that is why I am here. Gave me a phone from across the counter and made the call. On the phone for over 1 1/2 hours... between Apple Support and A.T.&T. each saying it was not their problem. I have had the iphone now for 3 weeks and until today glowing reviews from me... better than I expected. Made an appointment for 6 o'Clock this afternoon at the Genius Bar at the Apple store here in my home town. I have read some forums that people are 3 hours from the nearest Apple Store. All of the other functions work on the phone... I can receive calls.. text..e-mail..just can not make a call. If Apple has this problem where there is not a store near by could be a VERY BIG PROBLEM. Can not resolve by talking on phone for 1 1/2 hours basically doing the same thing each time a different person came on line. Very disappointed.. when I was disconnected just left the store and prayed that I would not have an emergency and could not make a call. Oh yes... I could text my wife and tell her I have had an accident or what ever !!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    riptideriptide Posts: 57member
    had the same issue with an inability to make calls. I perfromed a hard reboot and all function returned.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    whmwhm Posts: 50member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Riptide View Post

had the same issue with an inability to make calls. I perfromed a hard reboot and all function returned.

While in the A.T.&T. store today for 1 1/2 hours did that at least 6 times. When I returned to the office called the Apple Store and made an appointment for the genius bar for 6 o'clock. Genius worked on the phone for about an hour and could not fix the problem. Bottom line... put my SIM card into a brand new phone and I am a happy camper once again. I give credit to Apple for taking care of a loyal customer and they have my loyalty. While putting my old phone back into the just open new box, I ask him if they would recondition the phone or just use the parts for repair. His reply is what made my day..... oh no. We will send it to the engineers to investigate to see why this malfunction happen