Need browser help

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am running an iBook 1.2 Ghz 10.4.9. I'm trying to get onto my comany's employees only website. The website won't accept anything but IE. I tried Firefox but that didn't work either. Does anyone know of anything I can do except use IE? Thanks in advance!

Beo

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post

... I'm trying to get onto my comany's employees only website. The website won't accept anything but IE. ...

I have been in your situation where my firm's website required IE and the usual workarounds such as changing user agents didn't work. Luckily, my firm's website has been improved a bit and now uses HTML code which is more standard. When I had my problem, I had IE:mac which worked reasonably well. Also, I have Virtual PC with the Windows XP SP2 bundle. The takeaway message is that no solution to your problem exists that does not require the use of Microsoft software.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,333moderator
    Did you try changing the user agent so the browser identifies itself as MSIE? Sometimes these sites put on an artificial block that just checks what you are using by browser ID and blocks unsupported ones.