Everything to be announced at the Paris expo?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
imacs

ipods

mac pros?

ilife?

so much to come now and no sign of any special media events, i'm starting to think that the paris expo looks like the only time all this stuff could be delivered, including the final leopard release date.

what does everyone thing?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    25-29th September, too far away I think.
  • Reply 2 of 22
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    iPods and Mac Pros, I don't know. iLife could very well be for MWSF. As for iMacs, this week will show if the August 7 prediction holds any truth. Paris Expo it is far away, yes, but with today's Apple you never know. But I somehow think that Apple will release the new iMacs before the Expo in a special event, and then will use the Expo to as a bigger show for the new iMac line. I only have serious doubts that the special event will be next week.
  • Reply 3 of 22
    If they wait that long I will have lost all respect for apple and just build my own windows PC. However I seriously doubt that would happen.
  • Reply 4 of 22
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    since there's no sign on any publicity for a special media event, surely aug 7th is out of the question?
  • Reply 5 of 22
    trobertstroberts Posts: 702member
    Sales reports on the iPods, iPhone, and Macs. Update on where Leopard is and when it is (still) expected.

Mac mini - It will get a major update, a redesign, or discontinued. Come Paris, it will be a year since its last update.

new hardware - If the Mac mini is discontinued, especially if the 17" iMac is also discontinued, then we could see a headless Mac. Since gaming is coming back to the Mac the "main" feature will be a user replaceable graphics card.

iWork - I think we will see a demonstration of the updated, and new, apps in the suite. A spreadsheet is a no-brainer but I am hoping for a database, one that is relational and not flat-file.

iPods - Full screen iPods. The shuffle gets 2GB and the nano bumps the 2/4/8GB models to 4/6/10GB and the prices stay the same.

-------------

iLife - Steve will want to save this for MWSF.
  • Reply 6 of 22
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jonnyboy View Post

since there's no sign on any publicity for a special media event, surely aug 7th is out of the question?

Not at all. They release plenty of stuff without special media events.
  • Reply 7 of 22
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacSuperiority View Post

If they wait that long I will have lost all respect for apple and just build my own windows PC. However I seriously doubt that would happen.

Steve Jobs doesn't believe you. He believes he has a superior product and you will wait. After all, the waiting will make the final product more desirable. Females use this trick all the time.
  • Reply 8 of 22
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

Not at all. They release plenty of stuff without special media events.

If they redesign the iMac don't you think they'll into it at a special event or planned event like the Paris expo? Enhancing the specs on a model is usually a quiet affair. Is that what you're referring to?
  • Reply 9 of 22
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

If they redesign the iMac don't you think they'll into it at a special event or planned event like the Paris expo? Enhancing the specs on a model is usually a quiet affair. Is that what you're referring to?

Did they have a special media event for the macbook? Not that I recall, but my memory could be wrong.
  • Reply 10 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

Did they have a special media event for the macbook? Not that I recall, but my memory could be wrong.

no, i don't think that they did. i just remember getting a wonderful surprise upon visiting apple.com
  • Reply 11 of 22
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Those events are usually announced just days before the release. And highly doubting Apple is going to update their entire product line in a country that's percentage of the Mac market is probably a staggering 0.5% or something.
  • Reply 12 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

Those events are usually announced just days before the release. And highly doubting Apple is going to update their entire product line in a country that's percentage of the Mac market is probably a staggering 0.5% or something.

croissants, though
  • Reply 13 of 22
    applepiapplepi Posts: 365member
    I agree Apple kind of thumbed their nose at Paris last year. But then again wasn't it last year the French made a big stink about iTunes music not be open ? I wonder if Apple is still upset about that.

But then why have the expo if you aren't going to really announce anything.
  • Reply 14 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ApplePi View Post

I agree Apple kind of thumbed their nose at Paris last year. But then again wasn't it last year the French made a big stink about iTunes music not be open ? I wonder if Apple is still upset about that.

One thing is for sure. Apple has a lot of stuff they could release in Paris. Cinema Displays, iMac, Mac Mini (hopefully not going away), iLife 07 (or sounds like 08 now) and even possibly new towers.

So anyway let's hope they throw us the iMac bone sooner than that.
  • Reply 15 of 22
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Could be a good time to have Remy from Pixar's Ratatouille make the product introduction.
  • Reply 16 of 22
    there was all that euro disney stuff at macworld! is jobs that subtle?!
  • Reply 17 of 22
    Quote:

Good point. Maybe some kind of euro iTunes announcement for paris. Sometimes Apple doesn't announce anything there. It seems it's more usual for them to announce nothing at paris than it is for them to announce something. Although they did announce the G5 iMac there.
  • Reply 18 of 22
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

It seems it's more usual for them to announce nothing at paris than it is for them to announce something. Although they did announce the G5 iMac there.

They had to. The iMac G5 went out of schedule because of the delay with the low-power G5. Apple needed an event to triumphantly introduce the G5 iMac, Apple Expo was that. But yes, even if circumstantial, this created a precedent in our minds.
  • Reply 19 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

They had to. The iMac G5 went out of schedule because of the delay with the low-power G5. Apple needed an event to triumphantly introduce the G5 iMac, Apple Expo was that. But yes, even if circumstantial, this created a precedent in our minds.

If they did announce something I would think it would be something besides the iMac this time. Paris rarely gets anything announced there, and If it were up to me I would mix it up and give them something different. It would be a bit more exciting for them to get something other than one (the same) product every year. Of course it's not up to me, but I would mix it up if they got anything.
  • Reply 20 of 22
    Quote:

Because Apple does not put on the expo - it merely exhibits at it.