stickies

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
i feel like a total noob to macs asking this but i was toying around with stickies and i hit use default and now the stickies wont appear, the translucent window is not checked, the floating window is checked. even if none are checked, notes dont appear. when i go over to window, there will be notes, they just wont appear. i tried to use help and it told me to use the 'floating window' which i tried and still wont work. is there a way to 'reset' the stickies preferences? thanks guys

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    msnlymsnly Posts: 378member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by toldey View Post

i feel like a total noob to macs asking this but i was toying around with stickies and i hit use default and now the stickies wont appear, the translucent window is not checked, the floating window is checked. even if none are checked, notes dont appear. when i go over to window, there will be notes, they just wont appear. i tried to use help and it told me to use the 'floating window' which i tried and still wont work. is there a way to 'reset' the stickies preferences? thanks guys

I had the same problem with other widgets, I just got a different one to replace it, so now I have over a million widgets. Does anyone know how to delete a widget from your computer?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by toldey View Post

Type 'stickies' in spotlight, look for the 'plist' file, delete it. Restart Stickies.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MsNly

I had the same problem with other widgets, I just got a different one to replace it, so now I have over a million widgets. Does anyone know how to delete a widget from your computer?

In Dashboard, click the + sign in the lower left corner, then click 'Manage Widgets'. You can delete widgets from there.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    toldeytoldey Posts: 13member
    thank you gloss!!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    msnlymsnly Posts: 378member
    In Dashboard, click the + sign in the lower left corner, then click 'Manage Widgets'. You can delete widgets from there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Didn't know you could delete from the manage window... I knew the left corner thing.