Does this Exsist?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
keepin' it short, I found this TV app that lets you watch on demand TV. It has a bunch of channels commercial free and I watch it more and more everyday. I would like to be able to flip through the channels sitting down, instead of getting up and using the mouse. Is there such a thing as a bluetooth remote? or is it possible to use the iPod dock w/ the remote to control anything? There has to be a way to control programs with a remote on my Mac Pro no?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    feartecfeartec Posts: 119member
    Why yes, there is but you need a Palm Pilot of some sort, and they only have a limited number of programs they run. Pretty sure, however you could create some macros for the Apple to respond to palm commands...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Well I don't have a Palm pilot. I was hopeing I would be able to use the Apple remote or buy a bluetooth remote if it exsisted. I know that with the Macbook/Macbook Pro, you can use the Apple Remote to control the program. Being that I have a Mac Pro I was hoping I would be able to buy a iPod Dock with the IR remote and be able to use it, but it doesn't look like it's possible, at least I haven't found a way yet. It sucks that you can use a Apple Remote with the laptops with no problem, but I can't find a way with the towers.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    You can use most SonyEricsson mobile phones as a Bluetooth remote control.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I have a LG vx9800. I looked at some software, but it seems that LG phones aren't supported at all.