annoying trial version alert won't go away!!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
hi

for some time now i have had an annoying alert that pops up after i play 5 tracks in itunes. i am presuming that it is for some itunes plugin/software, but i have uninstalled all such software that i am aware of and still it comes up. the alert says:

"TRIAL VERSION

Purchase the licensed version today! This trial version will only work for the five songs you play each session."

and then there is an OK button which clears the alert.

does anyone have any idea what might be generating this alert?

thanks

nick

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    soulbowsoulbow Posts: 30member
    iTunes is free. You shouldn't have to pay for anything.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    trobertstroberts Posts: 702member
    Get a screen capture and post it to this thread so we can get a better look at the message. To capture your whole screen it is shift+command+3
  • Reply 4 of 10
    I'm gonna guess that he's running Windows... and has somehow loaded some app that throws that "pop-up" whenever it senses 5 tracks have been played in iTunes... I'll bet the pop-up is not actually part of iTunes at all.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    No, its happening for me to and im on Leopard although i was getting the message also when i was on tiger. but now that i've got leopard everytime it comes up and i click 'ok' iTunes unexpectedly quits

screenshot here: http://tinyurl.com/ywezkk
  • Reply 6 of 10
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Did you install a third party visualizer? Maybe something that displays cover art full screen.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

I'm gonna guess that he's running Windows... and has somehow loaded some app that throws that "pop-up" whenever it senses 5 tracks have been played in iTunes... I'll bet the pop-up is not actually part of iTunes at all.

Why would you "guess" he's running Windows? Let me "guess"... you think OS X is perfect, right.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KennyWRX View Post

Why would you "guess" he's running Windows? Let me "guess"... you think OS X is perfect, right.

No... I was "guessing" Windows, because that kind of stuff shows up much more often in Windows (and it WILL increase under OSX as OSX gains market share ... just the way things work.)

I use iTunes on several OSX systems quite a bit and have NEVER seen that ... another reason why Windows seemed a more likely scenario to me.

OSX is not perfect ... I've quite a long "Wish list" of things that could be better. But my OPINION is that XP and Vista are so much further from perfect that when seen side-by-side, it causes OSX to APPEAR as if it is nearly perfect
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Well, I've been using iTunes on both OS X and XP and have never seen that issue... it's really wierd.

Did you install anything else that's related to iTunes?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    iTunes Free Edition - $0 but constant reminders to buy the Pro edition

iTunes Pro Edition - $25 no pop-ups.