"Good News, Everyone!"

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
The rumors about Futurama's return to the small screen were true.

Although I was at Comic-con this year, I was too busy with business, so I missed the most important announcements.

First of all, we have an initial schedule for the Futurama projects:

http://www.tvblogger.org/2007/07/com...-is-clear.html

The first Futurama straight-to-DVD-then-aired-on-Comedy-Central-in-4-episodes feature, "Bender's Big Score" will be released on November 27th!

There will then follow 3 more features in the same format.

Cheers to Groening and Cohen and the gang for making this happen!

The second bit of big news was "Ripper", Joss Whedon's TV movie featuring Rupert Giles as the title character, to be produced by the BBC and released in January!!!

http://www.bitsofnews.com/content/view/5910/

As for my comic-con experience (besides the gruelling work of approaching publishers for manufacturing work), I bought a signed & numbered Clive Barker Abarat print, and an inked artboard from a Powerpuff Girls comic, signed by the artist, Philip Moy, and the corresponding comic, signed by Moy, as well as the series creator, Craig McCracken, who I ran into completely by accident!

No, I'm not a comics geek. That PPG comic was only the second comic book I've bought in my life.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I don't think I had ever watched Futurama until the reruns began playing late-night. Some of the episodes are very good. However, I still don't think I'll watch the new episodes unless they're on during a convenient time, which for me is usually the post-pub cool-down.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Nice to see it come back, even if it's on a limited basis! Sounds like they were able to get all the same voice actors and actresses back, too.

Let's see, resurrection worked for Futurama, Family Guy and Jericho....

*Starts a campaign on the web for people to capture fireflies in jars and send them to Fox headquarters*

• Reply 3 of 3
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPoster View Post

*Starts a campaign on the web for people to capture fireflies in jars and send them to Fox headquarters*

Firefly kind of got summed-up by the movie Serenity. To be fair, I didn't enjoy the show or movie (that's how I say it politely), but I don't think that changes the fact that a Firefly sequel would have to be a fair bit different than the original show.