Spam text messages

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hey,

Is anyone else getting spam text messages on their iPhone? They keep adding one to the last number. Does anyone know how to get rid of these? Do I have to call ATT? Last night I got about 12 of them.

Thanks for the help.

Super Geek

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Super Geek View Post

Hey,

Is anyone else getting spam text messages on their iPhone? They keep adding one to the last number. Does anyone know how to get rid of these? Do I have to call ATT? Last night I got about 12 of them.

Thanks for the help.

Super Geek

Well I got one spam text message, which I was pretty annoyed with, but I guess I'm lucky I didnt get more. Unfortunately, its a firewall issue which you dont have any control over, so I would guess we have to wait for apple to improve the security in a firmware release (who knows when) or if you keep getting spammed, you should be able to get a new phone # from AT&T or they may have to change something else so you're taken off this spam list. Worth giving them a call.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    cdjoycdjoy Posts: 6member
    Yeah, they got me as well. so far just the one, hope it's not the start of something. never had any on my other phones......