Which Processor for Macbook Pro 15?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I did a search and only found a couple of asides on the question of which processor, 2.2GHz or @.4GHz to order on the Macbook Pro 15. I do use Photoshop and Illustrator open at the same time and go back and forth. May upgrade to the Suite when I go from PC to Mac programs. I'm tempted by the 2.4 of course, but is it worth $500 more? This is my last decision before ordering.

In addition, thanks to everyone in here. I have been using PCs since before the first IBM made its debut, but I am not savvy about the internals. I feel like I am about to get a divorce. Good bye Pc; but better yet, Goodbye Dell.

TIA!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jocko View Post

I did a search and only found a couple of asides on the question of which processor, 2.2GHz or @.4GHz to order on the Macbook Pro 15. I do use Photoshop and Illustrator open at the same time and go back and forth. May upgrade to the Suite when I go from PC to Mac programs. I'm tempted by the 2.4 of course, but is it worth $500 more? This is my last decision before ordering.

In addition, thanks to everyone in here. I have been using PCs since before the first IBM made its debut, but I am not savvy about the internals. I feel like I am about to get a divorce. Good bye Pc; but better yet, Goodbye Dell.

TIA!

Most feel that the entry level 2.2 ghz MBP is the best value. The 2.4 was only about 9% faster. If you need that extra speed then get it. But $500 is a pretty good chunk of change for such a modest improvement IMO.