Apple hardware survey

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Today I got an email from Apple asking that I take part in a software survey. It was all about blogging, YouTube, online video sharing, and internet communities. As interesting as these are, I think Apple should be more in tune (and worried) about what their user base is expecting from them in their hardware products. Because that is the #1 thing that effects my purchase decisions.

Below is a link to Apples feedback page. Please join me in requesting for Apple to send out a hardware survey by email. It's a quick thing to ask of them to send out a hardware survey.

That way. Maybe they will know that some people want better graphics options in their computers, or a Mid tower Mac.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

This thread concerns future hardware because it's a plea to Apple for an Apple survey about the hardware we would like to see from them in the future.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    All right. It's like a petition. If you did it, at least post in here so we know Apple is getting the message.

Personally I was pissed off that they sent me a request about something that was somewhat unimportant, in my opinion, in comparison to a users hardware survey. Not unimportant all together, just unimportant comparatively.

If you don't think they need to ask us about the hardware and everything is splendid now let us know too.

Maybe I'm out of line in this request. You tell me?
  • Reply 2 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

If you did it, at least post in here so we know Apple is getting the message.

Done.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

Done.

So I guess there is two of us. I guess I being naive in thinking there would be more.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:

So I guess there is two of us. I guess I being naive in thinking there would be more.

I filled out a survey on the design of the Mac Pro. For me the case is too big for my computer cabinet and I filled out the survey with that information. I would like to have a cheaper Mac Pro, but I've paid a lot more for Macs in the past, considering in inflation, than the Mac Pro. I can live with the expensive memory, but the case has got to get smaller or I will have to make some changes to my computer cabinet.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Royboy View Post

I filled out a survey on the design of the Mac Pro. For me the case is too big for my computer cabinet and I filled out the survey with that information. I would like to have a cheaper Mac Pro, but I've paid a lot more for Macs in the past, considering in inflation, than the Mac Pro. I can live with the expensive memory, but the case has got to get smaller or I will have to make some changes to my computer cabinet.

I didn't get the email survey on the Mac pro. I wish I would have. That's the Apple computer I used to buy. Maybe they will still send me one being that I'm a 3 time PowerMac owner.

[EDIT] I think you misunderstood what I was asking. Apple sent out a survey by email today. It was not related to hardware.

If all we did as users of this forum was fill out a feedback page our #'s would be so insignificant it wont even matter. What I'm asking is for you to go to the feedback page, and ask Apple to send out a hardware survey by email. That way we as Mac users will get the kind of attention that is needed.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Already did this in regard to the iMacs lacking graphics card and stupid 3 USB port count.

but yeah, anyone interested in them keeping the Mini or offering an Apple Television or anything else should let them know
  • Reply 7 of 15
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:

I didn't get the email survey on the Mac pro. I wish I would have. That's the Apple computer I used to buy. Maybe they will still send me one being that I'm a 3 time PowerMac owner.

[EDIT] I think you misunderstood what I was asking. Apple sent out a survey by email today. It was not related to hardware.

If all we did as users of this forum was fill out a feedback page our #'s would be so insignificant it wont even matter. What I'm asking is for you to go to the feedback page, and ask Apple to send out a hardware survey by email. That way we as Mac users will get the kind of attention that is needed.

When you go to the link that you gave, you have to select one of their products to give them feedback on. I couldn't find anywhere one could just give feedback without selecting one of their products. I selected Mac Pro because that is the only one I'm interested in.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    That's the idea. Select some hardware and in the comments ask for them to send out a hardware survey by email.

They say they read all their feedback, so I'm hoping they take all comments into consideration.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    mjteixmjteix Posts: 563member
    Quote:

That's the idea. Select some hardware and in the comments ask for them to send out a hardware survey by email.

They say they read all their feedback, so I'm hoping they take all comments into consideration.

Done.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Done. iMac with better graphic card
  • Reply 11 of 15
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    Quote:

Below is a link to Apples feedback page. Please join me in requesting for Apple to send out a hardware survey by email. It's a quick thing to ask of them to send out a hardware survey.

That way. Maybe they will know that some people want better graphics options in their computers, or a Mid tower Mac.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Thanks for posting this. I sent them several ideas for enhancements to the iPod, iPhone, Apple TV and the MBP. Here's what I wrote for the MBP:

I currently own a PB G4 (aluminum) and would like to buy a new MBP. I'd like to buy one that doesn't look the same as what I bought in 2003. I'd like to see a new case design along the same lines as my iPhone and the new iMac. Edge to edge glass screen, satin anodized aluminum, new keyboard, magnetic closure, and a large Multi-touch trackpad similar to the iPhone's screen. Powered by Penryn, please, so it can run cooler.

Any chance the AirPort antenna could be moved to the top of the lid? Being in the hinge, I'd rather not expose my gonads to RF radiation.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rolo View Post

Thanks for posting this.

Any chance the AirPort antenna could be moved to the top of the lid? Being in the hinge, I'd rather not expose my gonads to RF radiation.

Ha Ha.

Ask them to send out a hardware survey by email too if you could. It will get out to more people than just the few of us here at AI.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Wow. 7 people.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    It sounded like (from Steve's presentation on Tuesday) that Apple focus-grouped their new iMac design. I don't know if that's necessarily a good idea. I hope that they are talking to actual users — not chumps that are always wowed by Steve's RDF.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    I like the new iMac style, just not the #'s.

I think it's evident that some feedback is necessary.