need to know how to write path to folder on local network

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
hi

i have a plugin for itunes that accesses images from a specific folder. i have set this up successfully for itunes running on the same machine as the folder path, but now i need to amend the plugin to work with my shared library in tunes on a second mac on a local network.

as i need to access the same images, but this time over the network, i need to know how to enter the path name to this folder. i don't want to have to mount a volume on the second mac, so just need to know how to enter a network path

thanks

nick

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nick_harambee View Post

hi

i have a plugin for itunes that accesses images from a specific folder. i have set this up successfully for itunes running on the same machine as the folder path, but now i need to amend the plugin to work with my shared library in tunes on a second mac on a local network.

as i need to access the same images, but this time over the network, i need to know how to enter the path name to this folder. i don't want to have to mount a volume on the second mac, so just need to know how to enter a network path

thanks

nick

If you navigate with finder to that folder and check details with apple+i does it tell you the right path? If the other machine is using samba, the path should look like SMB://USER:PASS@COMPUTER(IP)/FOLDER/