Apple logo bling for a MBP

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just got this back to my shop this week. The MBP panels are supposed to arrive next week. They're getting plated. Anyway, thought I'd post a pic. Cool no?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Please tell me you're female.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    smaxsmax Posts: 361member
    I sure as hell wouldn't want to do this to my computer, but I'm really curious to see how this turns out...
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Male, sorry. Just trying to be original with the mods/customizations. The entire thing won't be as flashy but I think this is a good centerpiece. Have another one coming because the first one turned out pretty good. Going to try some different stones and patterns but really I'd like to make my own logo up instead of the apple.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    saikosaiko Posts: 46member
    Yeah that might be cool. Just don't use stickers on your computer and it wont piss me off.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member
    I think it would be cooler if you could change the color of the apple logo.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Well any stone and color can be used. I'll try another color next time.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    If it was diamond/glass and you stuck it directly on the illuminated logo, I think it would look quite neat with the light shining through it. It's not something I'd have on my computer but I don't have flashy alloys either; to each their own I say.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    It actually has holes drilled under each diamond so light can shine through. Not sure if the illumination from the MBP is strong enough but it should make a pretty cool look.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    That's awesome.