is ATI radeon X1900 (for mac pro) HDCP ready?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Just curious to know if the x1900 card that comes as an option with Mac Pro's is HDCP compliant. I know that the Cinema Display series are not HDCP compliant, but curious to know if anyone knows of a good/compatible 30" w/ Mac Pro that's HDCP compliant. Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    The x1900 as it currently ships is 2xDL-DVI, so this would be HDCP over DVI instead of HDMI.

I have the x1900 - is there a way I can check that doesn't involve buying Vista, a Blu-Ray player, and a multi-thousand dollar TV? Some line in system profiler or whatever?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by domerdel View Post

Just curious to know if the x1900 card that comes as an option with Mac Pro's is HDCP compliant. I know that the Cinema Display series are not HDCP compliant, but curious to know if anyone knows of a good/compatible 30" w/ Mac Pro that's HDCP compliant. Thanks!

Supposedly the Cinema Displays now have HDCP in them. I've never seen it verified though. I have no way to check the system, I have that video chip and HDCP does not show up, but it doesn't deny it either.