iBook and iLife

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I have an iBook G4 and I am aware of my purchase of a single version of my iLife software, but since I am away from my Intel-based, would it be safe to download my software to my iBook, without registering it with a product key, and when I return to my other mac, installing the software without a problem? I am extremely anxious to start using the software, but I'm not sure if I'll be losing my single-user download. Should all of the other programs work properly on my iBook (except for iMovie which I am aware does not work.)

Thanks, espearls

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    There is no digital download of the iLife '08 via apple.com and serial number is not required.

You may want to read up the iLife software licensing agreement.

Quote:

A. This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-labeled computer at a time. This License does not allow the Apple Software to exist on more than one computer at a time, and you may not make the Apple Software available over a network where it could be used by multiple computers at the same time. You may make one copy of the Apple Software in machine-readable form for backup purposes only; provided that the backup copy must include all copyright or other proprietary notices contained on the original.