Can I return iLife '08?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Seriously.

I don't ever use iWeb.

iPhoto '08 didn't really give me anything I need (events? Why would I want that? I organise things in albums for a reason!) and it's SO slow compared ot the previous version.

GarageBand lets me have two additional effects per track, but I have pedals for that.

And the less said about the new iMovie, the better. Apple's solution is to use the old version, anyway.

I've spent $79 on iLife upgrades before and never, ever regretted it, until this version. Am I SOL or are Apple nice about these things?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jethro1138 View Post

Seriously.

I don't ever use iWeb.

iPhoto '08 didn't really give me anything I need (events? Why would I want that? I organise things in albums for a reason!) and it's SO slow compared ot the previous version.

GarageBand lets me have two additional effects per track, but I have pedals for that.

And the less said about the new iMovie, the better. Apple's solution is to use the old version, anyway.

I've spent $79 on iLife upgrades before and never, ever regretted it, until this version. Am I SOL or are Apple nice about these things?

Returning opened software is usually a pretty tough proposition, as you could have (as far as Apple knows) simply installed everything before returning the discs.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Returning opened software is usually a pretty tough proposition, as you could have (as far as Apple knows) simply installed everything before returning the discs.

I know. That's why I'm asking if they're more reasonable.

Frankly, I'd be kinda screwed, since iphoto updated the libraries so now they're probably not backward compatible...
  • Reply 3 of 7
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jethro1138 View Post

I know. That's why I'm asking if they're more reasonable.

Frankly, I'd be kinda screwed, since iphoto updated the libraries so now they're probably not backward compatible...

Yeah, but it's not really a matter of them being "more reasonable", you can see where there just isn't good way to make that work.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Yeah, but it's not really a matter of them being "more reasonable", you can see where there just isn't good way to make that work.

I kno. But I still think it's ridiculous. The whole software/music/movies automatically considering us all to be criminals, that is.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Seems like you bought it before performing any research on what it provided and whether or not it was worth it for you.

That's kinda your fault......
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Just resell it. I'll give you $10.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    The new iPhoto alone is worth $79, it's much better. Much, much better.