What device did you give up?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I have followed threads and the many opinions of features and what should exist. I am curious what kind of device did you give up to own the iPhone. I have up the smartphone Ipaq 6565w

I think what a person owned prior effects greatly what features they want on the iphone. Your opinion please.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I have a RAZR sitting in a drawer that was replaced by the iPhone. but prior to that, I had a Treo (650?). About the only thing the iPhone doesn't do (for me) that I used on the Treo was the ability to load pdf files onto the phone and view them. An SD card slot would have been a nice feature as well. though I understand Apple's affinity for simplicity. (The SD slot was the first thing that went TU on my Treo.)
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I gave up a Treo 700P, a Samsung u740(for sale), and EVDO speed.

No regrets at all.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I gave up my shoe phone. bu dum cha !!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I gave up my Sprint PDA 6700 series.... not sure what name brand it was.... something like Utstarcom or something... Its silver with a slide out keyboard and touch screen running windows mobile...... so glad I got the iPhone. No regrets here.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

I have a RAZR sitting in a drawer that was replaced by the iPhone. but prior to that, I had a Treo (650?). About the only thing the iPhone doesn't do (for me) that I used on the Treo was the ability to load pdf files onto the phone and view them. An SD card slot would have been a nice feature as well. though I understand Apple's affinity for simplicity. (The SD slot was the first thing that went TU on my Treo.)

You know you can view PDFs emailed to you on the iPhone, right? I use this quite often.

I gave up a Motorola V557, and an HP iPaq. I still have my color iPod, but I don't use it very often.

On vacations, I kind of "gave up" my laptop, too -- I don't need to drag it along anymore to check email and the Internet, which is very, very nice.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member
    I gave up an LG VX8600 and a Palm Tungsten T. Well worth the trade in my opinion, even though those were good devices as well.