Wall mount question

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi. I'm a newbie who's been reading lots of info on the forum for a few months and will be buying a new iMac when leopard is released.

My question is about wall mounting. I see that Apple can supply a vesa adaptor. I still cannot find info regarding removal of the stand. Is this possible and what's the best way of doing it?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wicked666 View Post

Hi. I'm a newbie who's been reading lots of info on the forum for a few months and will be buying a new iMac when leopard is released.

My question is about wall mounting. I see that Apple can supply a vesa adaptor. I still cannot find info regarding removal of the stand. Is this possible and what's the best way of doing it?

Thanks

Have you looked at this?:

http://search.info.apple.com/?search...q=vesa%20mount
  • Reply 2 of 5
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    That is far and away the most insanely elaborate vesa mount procedure I have every seen.

I guess if you don't want any holes in the back of your case you have to go the extra mile....

Still, there's a way to do it, so I guess we should be happy. Too bad it's only the 24"-- I wonder why? I can't see where the stand attachment point would be any different on the 20".
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Royboy View Post

Have you looked at this?:

http://search.info.apple.com/?search...q=vesa%20mount

those articles are from 2005/2006 and with the case redesign, they might not accurate.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

those articles are from 2005/2006 and with the case redesign, they might not accurate.

They might not be totally accurate, but since the latest IMacs just came out, I don't think he is going to find anyone who has wall mounted a new IMac or any new literature yet. The new IMacs are not a totally new design, so I don't think there will be a great difference in the process. He's got at least (or longer) 2 months to find out.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Wall mounting ONLY works with the 24" iMac models!