Bt 4.0

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I have had this thought for a while now... with bt stereo just becoming popular (though not in the iPhone), I have to believe there is something better than just stereo bluetooth...

I want to see my BT computer charging my Treo via bluetooth wirelessly...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Good for you... Do you want a cookie?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Imagine the colossal waste of energy! The glaciers would all melt next year!

Just figure the energy requirements for a 1 meter spherical shell if you were going to recharge a battery with a .001 meter squared [1mm x 1mm] reciever on the shell. That's an efficiency a 32-bit float can't even represent it's so bad! It doesn't matter that you can slow the charging rate, the efficiency doesn't change.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    So maybe I wasn't as crazy as people thought...

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...es_iphone.html
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheKid2020 View Post

So maybe I wasn't as crazy as people thought...

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...es_iphone.html

No you still are. They aren't charging via BT, and the article specifically said even synching via BT eats charge faster than the pad can recharge the battery. So even if you put the damn device down in a fixed place to charge, it's so slow that it's unusable for a mobile wirelessly connected device that ever needs to leave the pad AND be useful.

A toothbrush that gets used 4 minutes a day and charges for 23hrs and 56 minutes is good to go. How many mobile BT enabled devices fit that profile. ZERO!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Bluetooth 3 is planning to use UWB to achieve USB 2 speeds, 480 Mbps, so it won't be slow for much longer. A bigger battery drain? Most likely.

Sebastian

I'm not talking about the BT itself as being slow. I'm talking about the charging rate.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.