Yet another PB G4 RAM problem

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I just bought 1GB PC2700 memory module. I installed in my Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz 15"

and all seem to be right (1.5GB in About this Mac)... until that scary grey screen. Disappointment.

Then I took away the 512MB sodimm that originaly came and put the new one.

For my surprise it worked!! but only half of it. What?! Yes About this Mac showed me that I have only 512MB. Well, I instaled the 512MB Original module and now I have 1GB of memory.

Is there something that I can do about it?

I think the memory is OK but for any reason is causing trouble in the upper slot and in the lower one it only recognizes 512MB, I've never read of this.

(My PB is not included in the Memory Slot Repair Extension Program)

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    jjmnbjjmnb Posts: 11member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jjmnb View Post

I just bought 1GB PC2700 memory module. I installed in my Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz 15"

and all seem to be right (1.5GB in About this Mac)... until that scary grey screen. Disappointment.

Then I took away the 512MB sodimm that originaly came and put the new one.

For my surprise it worked!! but only half of it. What?! Yes About this Mac showed me that I have only 512MB. Well, I instaled the 512MB Original module and now I have 1GB of memory.

Is there something that I can do about it?

I think the memory is OK but for any reason is causing trouble in the upper slot and in the lower one it only recognizes 512MB, I've never read of this.

(My PB is not included in the Memory Slot Repair Extension Program)

Thanks.

No aswer so far....