iPhone as PDA?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Who would like to see the iPhone with PDA functionality? I'm specifically referring to the ability to download, install, and run third-party applications natively without the need for running them through Safari or performing a hack to install the software.

If you feel strongly about this, please voice your opinion at: http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Apple needs to be a little more reckless in their acceptance of apps on the iPhone. They need to speed all development.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Apple needs to be a little more reckless in their acceptance of apps on the iPhone. They need to speed all development.

I totally agree. This phone business likes to move along. And they'll need to have third-party apps when the start to hit the Asian market.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    I would like to see apps from established PDA software companies. The medical program Epocrates comes to mind right away. These developers should be allowed to work with Apple to port their applications to iPhone. I feel very certain that if medical PDA software was ported, you would see few physicians who were not using iPhones in lieu of their Palms or PocketPCs. I know that I would.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    ePocrates is the program I want on my iPhone. I still have to carry my old Palm T5 in the hospital just to use ePocrates. I can't get a cell signal to access ePocrates online via EDGE, and the hospital's WiFi requires that I reconnect everytime I turn my iPhone on.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    please count me in on additional app features....
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I agree -- also being in the medical profession, my iPhone is useless within the clinic to access our electronic medical records -- I've actually gone back to paper and pencil, resulting in double the work at the end of the day to input back into my desktop (i refuse to go back to the days of lugging the laptop around)